Am I an Atheist if I dont believe in your religon / faith ..?

I may believe in universal Truth... or in Divine love.. but may not be a jew or christian, or muslim...?

What is your condemnation for me ...?

REMEMBER : I CHOOSE BA FROM THE STARS GIVEN TO ME !!!

• tutor
    Favorite Answer

I suppose in some people's view, disbelief in their personal god would make you atheist, but from an objective stance, no. I too believe in a Universal Truth, the Self, and accept most ideas of Brahman. I'm just not quite sure if there is any involvement of Brahman in our lives or not and if so, what involvement.

Many in the West cannot or do not view a concept of the metaphysical without form, not anthropomorphic, as a deity or god. They do not grasp the notion that a god, a force, a Tao, can exist without form or without making it in their image. So for those that cannot or do not see the divine as formless could very well call you atheist. I do not.

I'd say you are in limbo between truth and error. You have a decision to make somewhere along the line. Since you say you have already sailed the ship "Christianity" and jumped ship for whatever reason, you are lost according to the scriptures so it won't matter what religion you follow or if you follow none at all because you will suffer the same fate reserved for all who reject Christ according to the scriptures. I know this is not an answer you want to hear, but I believe that a person who genuinely cares about you will tell you the truth whether you want to hear it or not. Everyone else who tells you just what you want to hear or what they hope you will believe is not your friend and cares only for their own opinion.

You missed one, a Deist = universal laws of morality & ethics for all righteous of the world, regardless of race, creed, color or gender. And to define "love" to be truly Divine must have true justice & mercy to be fair. There are no missionaries in those that follow the Noah Covenant or in Judaism. God's love is univeral, many paths to His door, no bodily reward of a heaven or a permanent hades either. You are what you are in this world, this time, this generation. You are responsible for your own actions, thoughts and words. God gave you free will and free choice. You don't need the baggage of any conversion to be righteous, not good at being righteous, that is why Noah was righteous in his generation, via Noah laws.

Jews don't need converts, they have enough to do and no one was never denied the knowledge of God from them because they would not convert to Judaism--isn't God's way then or now.

Good luck in your search. Modern God-Fearers or Deists, like my sister (started her own group) when the town had to sell their church--has a better and bigger impression with the community as they really practice what they believe in. We all should. Many need to be responsible for their own actions. This world needs a good cleaning & upgrading in the way many have ignored nature, we only have this world and I don't see a new one close enough to hop to. The moon isn't a good option either.

Source(s): See Divine love at Chabad.org, [they also have a great article on "Is God Agnostic?"], or as a Deist, see 1stCovenant.org. As God is a force, a Light of Lights, fills everything but nothing, is hard for people outside the Hebrew Bible to understand--basically we can only know Him by what He isn't. A great physicist & Biblical scholar explains it well, the balance of our soul, the positive & negative is what this world needs, you will find from his book where the Eastern philosophies got their roots--book is: "The Handbook of Jewish Thought" by Aryeh Kaplan. also his book "If You were God?" There is a great book on the Hebrew logic, reincarnation, & esoteric knowledge that found it's way into Buddhism, if interested in title, e-mail, I can't find the book just yet.

Atheists by definition don't believe in God.

Church affiliation has nothing to do with it.

If say Universal Truth = God in your book, then you are a believer. You're not an atheist.

If Universal Truth is just a philosophy, and you don't believe in God, then you're an atheist.

Source(s): the dictionary and many classes in religion.

If you deny the existence of all God(s) you are an Atheist. If you believe in a higher power but do not connect it to a religion you are a Deist. If you believe that Earth and the universe are God you are a Pantheist. Figure out what you believe in and it will be easier to label, not that you need a label, but it seems like that is what you are looking for here

Source(s): Agnostic Atheist ~~> I don't know, but I don't believe either

O lovers, lovers it is time

to set out from the world.

I hear a drum in my soul's ear

coming from the depths of the stars.

Our camel driver is at work;

the caravan is being readied.

He asks that we forgive him

for the disturbance he has caused us,

He asks why we travelers are asleep.

Everywhere the murmur of departure;

the stars, like candles

thrust at us from behind blue veils,

and as if to make the invisible plain,

a wondrous people have come forth.

I have admiration for people that are not afraid to think for

themselves and accept their own conclusions as valid, not

condemnation.

I usually can learn something from such people. What did you mean

BA from the stars?

Source(s): curious
  • Mo

Absolutely none. Religion is man's attempt to control (thoughts, ideas, actions, people, things). Truth and Divine Love cannot be put in a box and labeled by man.

• k

Not at all.Religion makes you God fearing.You need not be God fearing but you can be God loving without Religion.As Bertrand Russell said "Religion is like a dragon standing at the threshold of progress,slain that drageon first".

I think that to the religious person you are an infidel.

It is said that the Christian believes in only one god and no other - us atheists just go him one better. LOL