Do you believe you should be able to decide where your tax money goes?

If it were up to you, would you want to be given an option of where you allocate your tax dollars? This would not mean you would not have to pay taxes, it would just allow you to choose what programs your tax dollars went to.

No need to attack me personally. I am asking a question, nothing more.

Favorite Answer

No, I wouldn't. To be honest, I'd screw it all up, and I know so many people out there wouldn't know where their tax money was needed. There'd be no way in hell I'd want to do that, my country would suffer because I wouldn't know what I was doing. It's not like I trust the government with everything, but I do trust them more when it comes to my taxes, because they know what to do with it. I do not. I'm big enough to admit that.

Of course!!! What is the matter with these people who just want to throw their money at the govt? It is my money and because we are a representative democracy the person I vote for is someone I agree with. What do people think their elected politicians do all day? They come up with ideas on how to spend our tax dollars and then they vote on the ideas.

• justa

Wow, I can see the dismay on conservative faces if that one ever gets passed, most people don't want war, don't want their sons and daughters killed, do want to breath clean safe air and drink clean safe water. Most people also want health care for themselves and their families. Next to no one want to pay their tax dollars so companies can get welfare, or subsidies, and if you can't make a living growing tobacco, forget paying subsidies, grow beets or corn or wheat, not paperwork. More people support abortion rights than compulsory pregnancy, and while I'm at it, why should I spend my biggest chunk of taxes on schools when I haven't had a child in school for twenty five years?

Self interest is a powerful thing, unleashing it won't do anyone any good.

None of my tax money would be used for these worthless pieces of dredge. I would definitely cut all funding for every House and Senate member. The SCOTUS would find their building for sale and their staff which actually writes the decisions relocated to more crucial endeavors. The White House would find that they receive not one single penny for any functions, events, food, drink, and especially transport. The secret service would be reassigned to clean up the worst crime cities, Obama would have to provide his own security. All of the Air Force One aircraft would be sold and that goes for the special cars they call the tank. If he's that bad we don't need him or want him.

• rrm38

No. The only constitutionally valid use of federal tax dollars is the military for the defense of the nation and whatever it costs to run the machine to protect our rights guaranteed under the Bill of Rights. As far as I'm concerned nobody should even have to entertain the idea of being able to allocate their tax dollars. The unconstitutional programs should be eliminated and those elected to defend our constitution should do so.

• Max50

Sounds a bit complicated to make it work.

I think I should be able to voice my views to the people I vote into office and not be silenced by that official or have her take a phone call while asking the question.

We need to have a Congress and a President is ready to take the tough questions and listen to the people who swore to protect. That is everyone not just their party.

Sounds good in theory but many programs would go unfunded and it becomes a dangerous game to let the public decide where our tax money goes. Americans are so easy to manipulate because they don't think for themselves but just follow the crowd.

No, that's an asinine idea. You elect representatives for a reason.

What do you pay a year in taxes? I'm guessing a lot less than $50k a year. That doesn't even pay the salary of a single police officer. Get over yourself, your tax dollars don't matter.

Be careful what you wish for - California does that now with many public referendums, and look at the fiscal shape of the state. The voters want a lot of programs, but don't want the taxes to pay for them.

Sarah Palin, this is so she would be in a position to bypass judgment and kill her own baby. it somewhat is as a results of fact she is already on the payroll for the non-public well-being care insurance loss of existence panel that gets in between you and your widely used practitioner. "loss of existence panel"??!!?? how can everyone have an smart dialogue with somebody who makes use of such language and makes up such lies.