Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 decade ago

2003 toyota rav4 inside detail outside swirls?

It's black with tan cloth interior. couple of stains inside. what's best product to remove? Black exterior has fine swirl marks. Is there a product that will knock these down?

Favorite Answer

INTERIOR - Stain removal depends on what the stain is. Grease/oil needs a petroleum product. Food needs a protein solvent. Coffee/soda needs something that can remove tannins and sugar.

Try a product called Folex. You can find it at Target, Walmart, and other retail stores. Its a good all around stain remover. You might have to invest in a couple of products to get everything done right. When I'm detailing interiors, I probably use 5-6 different products to clean it. Interiors can be a mofo.

EXTERIOR - I assume you will be working by hand, not machine (buffer). After a thorough wash, try a scratch and swirl remover, applied with a terrycloth applicator. Check out a product called Meguiar's Swirl X. They also make a product called Scratch X that is a little more aggressive, but plenty safe for hand application. It might take a few applications to make a noticeable difference, and don't be afraid to put some real elbow grease into the job.

When done, finish off with a good wax. I like Meguiars NXT on black cars. It will fill in light swirls and makes black look rich and glossy.

Source(s): 25 yrs as a car detailer, I've cleaned them all.

I have used Mike's approach ago. If you employ a well socket it's nonetheless usable later on however be careful for the very sharp edges at the steel curls it produces. The locking lug nut needs to be pushed out of the socket with a vise and glide.