Unsure of exact employment dates and previous employer VERY uncooperative..?

I am attempting to fill out an application to work for the City. I need the month and year of any jobs I have worked at. I am sure on the recent ones but am not sure of the exact months of a job I worked at in 2005 when I was in high school. I called the employer a few days ago and left a message for the owner to look for these dates and contact me back. She hasnt called me back, so I called today. When I called I was very polite and explained who I was and what I needed. She kept asking me 100000 questions of who I was and why I left that job and to keep a long story short she didnt want to help me. She told me that she will see what she can do and she hung up. She does not have my number so I know she wont be contacting me back. What, if anything can I do?? I live in Florida if that makes any difference.

I do not have access to my tax forms as I have moved and everything is in boxes and is not easily accessible.

Favorite Answer

Use your tax forms

If the corporate is balking, DHS ought to have the flexibility to substantiate employment dates from the state's unemployment branch. Employers report quarterly salary comments with the state branch of employment secure practices, artwork stress value, employment progression branch, etc. and DHS can pull those data somewhat adequate. Copies of your W-2s and pay stubs will additionally make specific that guidance. You DO save copies of those, suitable?

not sure how fast they would respond either, but you can contact your local social security office and ask for a copy of your work history.