Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Iomega Helium Wont turn on when plugged into my Mac?

I have recently had a program freeze up on me so i hard shut down my computer, when i turned it back on the Iomega Helium did not start. I have tried resetting it again. I have tried resetting it with it unplugged then plugging it back in. Any Suggestions?

Favorite Answer

If a Universal Serial Bus (USB) device isn’t working properly, try the following:

Make sure the device’s cables are properly connected.

Make sure you have installed the latest software for your device. Visit the manufacturer’s website for any updates.

If the device doesn’t have a power cord and is plugged into another USB device that doesn’t have a power cord, try plugging the device directly into your computer or to a USB device that does have a power cord. You might need to disconnect and reconnect the other device as well, if it has stopped responding.

If the device is connected to a USB hub, make sure the device and the hub are the same speed. Connect USB 2.0 Hi-Speed devices to a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed hub, and connect USB 1.1 full-speed or low-speed devices to a USB 1.1 full-speed or low-speed hub.

Disconnect all USB devices except the device you’re testing, an Apple keyboard, and an Apple mouse. Make sure the device is connected directly to the computer, and that any hubs or extension cables are disconnected. If you can use the device now, the problem may be with one of the other USB devices or hubs you had connected to your computer. Try reconnecting them, one by one, to your computer. When you find the device that causes the problem, review that device’s documentation for further troubleshooting steps.

Open Apple System Profiler and click USB. If the device appears but does not work, the problem might be with the device. Review that device’s documentation for further troubleshooting steps.

Switch the USB cable from the current USB port to another USB port. If you can use the device now, your computer might need to be repaired.

Source(s): Apple Help