Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

how long will my computer last in terms of processer and ram for top games?

5 gh processor

4 gb ram

will it last till 2014

if not sugguest what will

Update:

answer 1,2,3 there are 5 gh processers check it out

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=...

answer 3

if u think ill would spend 2000 on a pc go f u

i build it with my bare hade and pay 350

Update 2:

so what is the point of haveing 2 proceesers

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

OK,

The advert you have linked is actually very misleading....he/she has advertised it making it sound like its a 5ghz CPU....when in fact its an intel duel core E5200....which infact is a low spec CPU.

It does not run at a combined speed of 5ghz as the advert states....each core runs at 2.5ghz...the speeds dont stack, and this is a duel core CPU.

The Motherboard is also a G31 ..again bottom of the range.

nowhere in intels website will you see this CPU advertised as a 5ghz CPU....stay well clear if I were you.

AS you state though it is best to build your own..try these sites they are very good and also very competetive.

ebuyer.co.uk

novatech.co.uk

scan.co.uk

good luck

• 1 decade ago

ohhhh, its a dual core 2.5 ghz.. that is not a 5ghz processor... That is a 2.5 ghz procesor.

I have a i7 quad core overclocked at 4ghz, it is not a 16ghz processor, it is 4ghz with 4 cores. Yours is a 2.5 ghz processor with 2 cores.

With that cleared up, you will most likely need more ram by 2014, the ram will be heavily outdated...

Seeing as it doesn't even list the video card, I seriously doubt it could play any top game today.... When no video card is listed, that usually means that it is onboard, which is no good.

What do I suggest? I suggest what I have.

i7 920 (overclock)

6gb of ddr3 12800 (1600 mhz)

GTX 295 (at least 1)

min 850w psu

3rd party heatsink

-I would expect this pc to last at least 4 years, seeing as the processor will be good for quite a while and only upgrades in ram and video card will be necessary to keep it top of the game.

You can make this build for about 1500$. If you want to spend 350$ you aren't going to have a future proof pc, doubtedly a good pc by todays standards...

• 1 decade ago

Where are you getting a 5Ghz processor? And it depends on the cpu. Different architectures have different amounts of processing power, and the number of cores also makes a difference. 4GB of ram is plenty for now and a while in the future. And you also have to take into account the graphics card. But regardless of all of these factors, it's difficult to get a computer that will play the top games for the next 5 years at top specs, if not impossible. I would recommend getting a pretty good computer now, and another good one in the future instead of a really good one now.

Example: Instead of getting a $2000 computer now, get one $1000 computer now and another one in 3 years. The $1000 computer now is more than enough for now, and the $1000 in the future will outperform the $2000 one you would buy now. (Look up Moore's Law - tech doubles every 18 months)

Hope that helps!

Source(s): Part time computer tech and college student in computer science and engineering.
  • 1 decade ago

That's not 5GHz that is 2.5GHz on a dual-core processor. Multi-cores don't increase clock speed, they just spread workload, so they are better at multitasking. Clock speed on retail processors is limited to 3.33GHz.

The processor is already obsolete for gaming and so is the RAM I'm afraid. No computing component lasts more than a year as the best, or a few years as able to cope with the top games. In 2014 we'll be looking at sixteen core processors and DDR5 RAM - nothing from today will touch that stuff.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There isn't a 5Ghz processor out at the moment, and you didn't list what brand/model of CPU you have. Historically speaking though, high-end gaming computers will last 2-3 years.

• 1 decade ago

Computers change so fast there is probly no home machine out there which would still play the latest games on high settings in 2014 i think you are getting confused it is not a 5GHZ cpu is is a duel core 2.5GHZ meaning that there are 2 cores running at 2.5GHZ

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The liquid nitrogen cooling will probably ruin the other parts. 5GHz processor, are you a time traveller/mental?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.