Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

why are people offended when someone displays the confederate flag?

and the same people are not offended when someone burns the american flag..

why is that?

are you offended my the confederate flag?

Best Answer

My thoughts exactly.

People have distorted minds, they do.

I am offended when people burn any sort of flag having to do with our country's past. I am not as offended about the Confederate flag, but maybe it is because I am white. I do not endorse it though.

EDIT - So wait, burning an American flag doesn't make you a traitor and racist?

I live in California so I've never seen the Confederate flag raised, but as an American citizen who believes in equality. I would find that downright offensive. The south broke apart because they were pro-slavery and the north was against it. The civil war was fought to end slavery and reunite the country, to see someone raise the confederate flag is pretty wrong in my opinion. But then again, It's all a matter of perspective. They could just have it raised because it is part of their and Americans history.

Why are Jews offended when someone displays a Swatiska?

The Confederate Flag is a racist symbol, it stood for Slavery and against the United States Constitution.

first, the confederate flag is the flag of LOSERS

but more importantly, it is a symbol of RACISM

Burning the American Flag:

1. is the only approved way to dispose of one.

2. when done in protest, it is using a FREEDOM to burn a SYMBOL of freedom. get your priorities straight.

I've heard people say they like the confederate flag because it's a part of their history, but those people who said that are worthless white trash skank nasty losers.

It represented the South and the South was defeated in the Civil War. The flag should not be flown or used. They lost the war. The old South represented oppression.

• Don B

probably because groups of people flying that flag used to ride into their ancestors land and hang them because they committed the crimew of being black

I am offended when someone burns the flag

BUT

I believe it is their right to do so

SAME as I believe it is the right of those that want to identify with the hatefulness and bigotry infered while flying the confederate

FLAG

Here's a better question: Why do you choose to display the flag of LOSERS? Ya'll lost that war.

I don't know exactly what is meant by the confederate flag, but most people are against it. Not for no reason, I reckon.

• cuz I'm jealous of republicans. I wish I could be like them but I'm an inferior being. That's why I troll with clones of conservatives on YA. I'm a loser.

Seldon thinks he knows what the confederate flag stands for, but if he'd open a fvckin' history book and learn something instead of believing liberal lies, he might know what the fvck he's talking about for ONCE!!