who is Fabian Delph ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Fabian Delph (born 21 November 1989) is an English footballer born in Bradford who plays as a central midfielder for Aston Villa and has represented his country at under-21 level. He was on the books of Bradford City as a youngster until he moved to Leeds United aged just 11. Having played just 44 games for Leeds at League One level, he earned a transfer to Premier League side Aston Villa in August 2009 for an undisclosed fee.

After Leeds failed to gain promotion from League One, several Premier League clubs including Everton, Manchester City, Fulham, Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa were linked with Delph. On 3 August 2009, Villa agreed an undisclosed fee with Leeds United for the transfer of Delph to Villa Park. The transfer was concluded the following day after Delph completed a medical and agreed personal terms. On 8th August 2009 Delph made his debut in a friendly match against Fiorentina, which Aston Villa won 1-0. Delph received a standing ovation from the Villa faithful when he was subbed during the second half. Delph wore the number 16 shirt, previously worn by ex-villa player, Zat Knight.

• 4 years ago

Could be a good signing but a lot of money for a youngster untried in the top flight . From what i have seen of him he looks quite good with a good shot on him but he still only managed six goals last season at league one level. Leeda fan seem to think that he is the next big thing but i have my doubts but plenty of big clubs have had a look at him so he must have something going for him .

• 1 decade ago

he is a 19 years old, english footballer he used to play for leeds united now he moved to aston villa for undisclosed fee he was born in bradford and he is a midfielder thanks chap

• 1 decade ago

footballer who played for leeds utd till last week when he signed for aston villa

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • exactly who is he

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.