Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Anyone upset by the apathy of those criticizing people righteously indignant towards this failed government?

I keep seeing post criticizing people for yelling and being angry at town hall meetings. You know what really bothers me ? Is people who aren't angry. This government has been screwing us over and over again, and people have the nerve to criticize those who are rightfully angry about it ? Is it any wonder this country is going to hell in a hand basket with such an apathetic mentality ? No doubt many will respond to this and state

" Well we need to have calm rational discussion " My answer to them is, I've been having calm rational discussion when I call and write my senators and representatives, and apparently that's not getting through. Drastic times call for drastic action, and now is that time. I say it's time to stand up and be heard, and don't be afraid to show a little emotion while doing so. Thanks in advance for your answers. God bless.

" Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society "

- Aristotle

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Blinded. Thats all I can say...they are blinded. I am upset that they cannot see that they are drowning themselves. Too bad they will have to suffer in the end to find they were wrong! BUT...then its too late isnt it?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Aristotle said a lot of things

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Aristotle

"because the female is as it were a deformed male"

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side."

Why are you apathetic and tolerant about the legacy of Bush?

Casualties of the Iraq War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_in_the_con...

• 1 decade ago

If you're referring to conservatives being critical, no. I completely understand where they are coming from. Especially the older ones (like my dad). These folks lived through the '60's and '70's and consider themselves survivors because of it. They saw societal mores turned completely upside down. To them, it is upsetting to see conservatives behaving like liberals.

Us younger ones understand the approach, but we should still be considerate of those who do not.

While I see their point of view, however, I tell my parents that if they had fought like we are trying now, maybe they could have saved public education instead of paying for 5 children to attend private schools.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because not everybody is as hyper-partisan as you are on this issue.

Why do you automatically conclude that 500 (or even 1,000) people protesting the changes to health care at a Town Hall meeting are indicative of all the people who live in that Congressional district? Isn't each district made up of hundreds of thousands of people?

So if 1 out of every 100 people in a district is protesting, is that a "majority"?

Source(s): atheism is a non-prophet organization
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I wonder why people are giving this so much criticism....My father is a doctor, my uncle is a doctor, and in 3 1/2 years I will be! We should be the ones complaining! Making half of what we normally should for going to school for 8 years! But it is called caring and loving what you do. This system will weed out the doctors that are just in it for money. Stop believing the horror stories my friend. I have friends in other countries who love, yes I said love their national health care.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them apathetic. Just because people aren't raving doesn't mean they aren't participating in the public discourse.

• grob
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Sounds about right for a republican to be bothered when people aren't angry.

• 1 decade ago

Where were you when Bush was raping the country?

Where were you when Reagan was supplying arms to the people who are killing our soldiers in Afganistan?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree 100%.......BRAVO!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.