Mouse asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

In Titanic is the story of rose and Jack true?

Some people have told me it was fake. But some people tell me its true and that they have proof... and if you answer please give me some proof because me and my friend are arguing about it, I personally think its fake and think it was just in the movie but my friend thinks that there were actually people named rose and jack on the boat and they fell in love and he died. please help! and remember we need some sort of proof like a website or something

Favorite Answer

The story of the Titanic is true. The story of Jack and Rose is fictional.

Many people say that there was no Jack Dawson. However, if you read this article you will find that there WAS a Jack (or, "J") Dawson. His full name was supposedly Joseph Dawson and he died at the age of 23 on Titanic. There are pictures of his grave at this website and a lot more information about him.

http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/the-real-jack...

Whether he was actually involved in the "love story" that Titanic presents will always be unknown, but James Cameron, the director of Titanic claims he had no idea that there was actually a Jack Dawson aboard. There is no solid proof of anything so you can chose to believe that he actually existed or that he didn't. I like to believe that he did :)

Also, this website is NOT solid proof and i'm pretty sure it's just for fun, but it is definitely interesting to look at and ponder.

http://neatocoolville.blogspot.com/2007/06/titanic...

Regardless, Titanic is still a great movie :)

Totally not true. Just a fictional story designed to put a human face on the tragedy.

And there is no "proof" that it was true. That said, you can't normally "prove" something wasn't true. The burden of proof lies with the people who say the story IS true. But look up any interview from the time with the director or actors involved. No one ever said it was a true story.

• sydney

The Titanic, obviously, is true, but the story of Jack and Rose was just made so it could be interesting enough to make into a movie.

• Amy

No. The names were used from real people on the Titanic if I remember correctly, but the story was fictional.

No, it's not. The sinking of the Titanic was true obviously, but there was never a Jack or Rose. But who knows? Maybe there was a couple on board who fell in love with each other. You never know.

titanic takes the place of two realistic characters with similar equivalents on the ship itself. the drama and being able to see rose in the dark deep water, all fake. while based on a true story, and very touching, but the big plot of the movie is fake.

Source(s): books. not any website, but a lot of books ave given me the knowledge i have on the movie and the ship
  • Vanity

A documentary of the sinking of the Titanic had reported that the story-lines were fiction, yet some of the people were real, as was the actual sinking of the ship. The story was enhanced to capture a bigger audience.

It is not true. There were no people named Rose and Jack on the boat who fell in love.

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_movie_chara...

Some of the characters featured in Titanic were based on real people, including Molly Brown, but Rose and Jack are part of a made-up romance which made Titanic an incredible movie.

first off i think it is not a true story. like it could have happened--it probably did. a lot of people probably lost their significant other. there might of been people named rose and jack but the movie probably wasn't based on them.

http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongest...

that site sums up the whole thing and it's easy to make a story to go along with anything that happened. how would people know that "jack dawson (spelling?)" is a great artist and travles the world to draw?? they won't.

i couldn't find any other "proof" so good luck