nb8 asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

AFC ?

why does everyone think/say the chiefs are going to win the AFC west?.

I know its just their opinion and anything can happen in the nfl but honestly. I mean just because they got cassel doesnt make them the best team in the west plus they lost their best player Tony Gonzalez. I could see where people could pick the broncos because they almost had it last year but the Chargers still look like the favorite. if they won last year with a hurt team they are getting back a healthy Merriman, LT, and cromartie.

I just want to know why a lot of people predict the Cheifs and who do you think will win the AFC WEST.

F. Lloyd I know that not everyone is saying the cheifs r going to win and i Know the chargers are the favorite to win and that every sports analyst pick the chargers its the people on yahoo answears in the 2009 predictions i saw a lot of people picking the cheifs.

Favorite Answer

Nb8, what's happening, brother? I mean, your question? What is happening, brother man!

Well, you know, I'm kind of a football freak and I haven't heard or read one opinion regarding the Chiefs and winning the AFC West. Not one, nb8. Are you in, like, rehab or something. I'm serious, nb8. Not one person whom is thinking clearly possesses any thoughts about Kansas City, except your rehab buds. Yo!

The AFC West, along with the NFC West and NFC Central, are considered, right now, the weakest divisions in the National Football League. Currently, the Chargers are the class of the AFC West. Go to any store and read the new 2009 NFL periodicals and everyone will support the Chargers being the best team in the AFC West. Tell your friends in rehab to start gobbling down their Lithium again.

Got so crowded, I can't make room . . .

Possible? Yes, it's the NFL. Probable? No, it is a very long shot.

Chargers are the team to beat in the West.

I have a feeling the Raiders are going to get 2nd in the division. They've only improved during the offseason.

Chiefs.... are trash.. Cassel is going to be a bust move. Some of their players still want out of KC. But they will not do as bad as the Broncos.

Broncos.. They're new head coach has already messed up. Lost their best player in Cutler. Their other play maker wants out. I just don't see it working out.

I dont know why people are saying that I think chargers will win it, and second will either be Chiefs or Raiders. The Chiefs lost gonzalez, but gained vrabel, cassel, and a few other pieces. Personally when the season was done I thought Tyler Thigpen would remain starting QB since he did pretty good last year, but I guess not. Another reason I dont think they'll win is there defense.

i havent heard anyone say the chiefs are gonna win most people i have heard has said the chargers. the chiefs are gonna be lucky to be .500

they gonna be 6-10 or 7-9. everyone gonna see cassel is not that good

09/13/09 at Baltimore Ravens 12:00 PM CBS

09/20/09 Oakland Raiders 12:00 PM CBS

09/27/09 at Philadelphia Eagles 12:00 PM CBS

10/04/09 New York Giants 12:00 PM FOX

10/11/09 Dallas Cowboys 12:00 PM FOX*

10/18/09 at Washington Redskins 12:00 PM CBS

10/25/09 San Diego Chargers 12:00 PM CBS*

11/01/09 Bye

11/08/09 at Jacksonville Jaguars 12:00 PM CBS

11/15/09 at Oakland Raiders 3:05 PM CBS*

11/22/09 Pittsburgh Steelers 12:00 PM CBS#

11/29/09 at San Diego Chargers 3:05 PM CBS#

12/06/09 Denver Broncos 12:00 PM CBS#

12/13/09 Buffalo Bills 12:00 PM CBS#

12/20/09 Cleveland Browns 12:00 PM CBS#

12/27/09 at Cincinnati Bengals 12:00 PM CBS#

01/03/10 at Denver Broncos

Probably the only people saying Chiefs are Chiefs fans and Patriots fans (Cassel). But don't listen to those morons. Anyone with half a brain knows Chargers win this division with ease.

The Chargers are the team to beat in the AFC West. Merriman coming back?!? C'mon, defense beats the offense every time!

cassel aint proved anything to me yet. I really dont see anyone in that division doing much, especially the way there schedule is. But I think the chargers will take and win there division at 6 and 10 with all division wins.lol

the chargers / raiders are not ready the broncos lost cutler and the chiefs made a bad draft pick in jackson and the chargers got back "lights out "and L T has something to prove that he still has it

If Kansas City has the schedule greek god put up. They don't have any easy games until about the end of the season. I don't see them winning the AFC West at all with that schedule. They'd be lucky to win half their games this year.

• I agree with you. The Chiefs have been poor for years, and I think people just like to say the Chiefs are going to win to be cool and say "Yeah I picked the underdog". Come regular season time, it'll change I'm sure of it.