Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 decade ago

Do i need a new ECM for my buell xb9r when i put a D&D exhaust on?

i am going to put a new D&D muffler on my Buell XB9R. i was wondering do i need a NEW RACE ECM for the bike, so it does not run to lean? or will the bike be fine without the extra re-map?.... thanks in advance

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

http://daytona-twintec.com/Twin_Tuner.html

http://www.knfilters.com/air_filter/buell_firebolt...

If you are putting on an exhaust, you should also put on a hi-flo air filter. The filter is what is really going to help, if you are not getting more air in, the exhaust alone will not help your power...will only make it sound better.

An exhaust change alone, would not warrant the race ecm, but if you do the air filter, you should really get a fuel controller, although, due to how Buell's DDFI2 works, you can "get-by" without one, the system will readjust itself (to what IT thinks it should be).

The race ecm gives a better ignition timing advance curve and raises the rev limit to (I think) 7000rpm. BUT...IT REQUIRES A PROFESSIONAL RACING LICENSE TO BUY IT!!!!

E. DDFI-2 Programmable ECU Kit

(Requires current race license )

• Kit includes new ECU, program and com box

with cable.

Y2152.08AH $775.00

Your best bet is the daytona twin tec tuner...link listed above.

You should really have it dyno tuned for the best performance.

Alot of people ask about the Power Commander.....currently there is no Power Commander available for the XB's, there system has an issue with Buell's O2 sensor closed-loop DDFI system.

NOTE: If you notice ANY abnormal idleing or running condition.....there is a known issue with the Throttle Position Sensor......it is strongly recommended to have the TPS Zero'd and the Air Fuel Value reset at every service interval...........KEEP UP ON THE REGULAR MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE......REMEMBER THE KEY TO LONGEVITY IS PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE!!!!

Source(s): 20yr HD Tech. MMI Grad 1991 and 2009. Factory trained by HD (Buell Certified), Big Dog, American Ironhorse, Titan and Indian
    • Login to reply the answers
  • wedige
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Buell Xb Exhaust

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do i need a new ECM for my buell xb9r when i put a D&D exhaust on?

i am going to put a new D&D muffler on my Buell XB9R. i was wondering do i need a NEW RACE ECM for the bike, so it does not run to lean? or will the bike be fine without the extra re-map?.... thanks in advance

Source(s): ecm buell xb9r put exhaust on: https://shortly.im/tZGw7
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not an expert but I don't think the ecm would need remapping after just an exhaust change, if you did a intake, and full exhaust on it it might but with just a pipe i don't think it will.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

V twin is right AGAIN! Of course there are shops who have the race licence and get what you need! [where there is a will there is a way!]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.