If you where offered 1 million dollars to climb to the top of the Sears Tower or the Empire State Building->?

Would you do it?

No no no it means you have to actually climb the building with your bare hands lol. :P

• ...
    Best Answer

Yes, I'll use the elevator.

The contract didn't say how will I climb it :P

edit: ok, will I be tied into ropes, and will someone give a boost? Pretty plz?

Given a choice I would choose the Empire State Building and would use the stairs. I would hope for plenty of time, a few water breaks, and maybe a lunch break somewhere along the way.

Not being a human fly I would not choose to climb the exterior of either building, but if I were I believe the Empire State Building would be the easier climb.

By the way, I am 68 years old and generally choose to climb stairs as opposed to riding elevators or escalators, unless I am in a considerable hurry and the climb would be more than three or four stories.

There is a race up the stairs in the Empire State Building every year. I know that someone with mountain climbing gear climbed one of the World Trade Center towers about 20 years ago. I would definitely have a parachute, just in case. And I would want some of the money in advance for bail, as the cops would definitely be waiting at the top.

The Sears Tower

• gussie

I'm afraid not.There is not enough money in the world to make me take such a foolish risk.It doesn't help that I can't stand heights. EDIT I don't think that scaling the Sears Tower would be easy for a professional stuntman.I guess your offer doesn't give a financial reward for trying ? I guess you would have to survive to collect.

• Sora

Yes (climb = moving upward)....*walking across the first floor hallway, calling elevator, taking it to the highest floor, walking toward the balcony, Done! Collecting the million dollars* lol.

If I were trained, yes, I would love to do it!! I love heights, also! I would climb the Sears Tower up to that glass bubble platform they have and get in! See you there :)

• Oh yeah, I'm a runner and at the gym 4 days a week. Bring it on. I knew that torturing myself everyday with exercise was going to pay off one day!

• `

I wish I could, but I am deathly scared of heights...so no amount of money could get me to do it.

Plus, I definitely don't have the upper arm strength needed to scale a skyscraper.

I'll do it as long as I have some rope support incase anything happens.