How do the little drill bits fit?

I just bought a Bosch 18V Cordless drill and bought a 14 piece set of Milwaukee drill bits and was wondering how the 1/16 to 5/32 fit? Doesnt seem like they can go down to the very bottom, is their an adaptor you buy or what?

Update:

cool, thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You don't need them to go down to the bottom. Drill bits are held in place by the pressure of the "jaws". When you drill you should drill slowly enough so you don't have to put too much pressure on the tip of the bit. Let the spinning of the bit cut its own way into the surface you are drilling. You can adjust the depth of the bit to accommodate the depth you need to drill.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The little ones are usually too short to go to the bottom and still have enough to drill with. It's not much of an issue, anyway, because the little ones aren't going to get much pressure on them. If they slide down as you use them, just tighten the chuck again. Keep them moving fast as you drill and they should stay put.

• 1 decade ago

All you gotta do is hold them so they are sticking out enough for what your drilling, then tighten the jaws on the drill. They dont have to be touching the bottom of the drill, just make sure its in enough so its not flimsy and dangerous.

• 3 years ago

i could say to look on the contraptions they have available, even in a catalog, and bypass from there. I do redesigning, and that i exploit a extensive variety of diverse sizes. while you're uncertain what you would be doing, seem at various diverse set packing containers, and p.c.. up the main user-friendly of those. in my view i could basically purchase the set. Smaller bits destroy extra handy. reliable success!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.