Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why does Obama-care care want you dead?

Death Drugs Cause Uproar in Oregon

Terminally Ill Denied Drugs for Life, But Can Opt for Suicide

The 64-year-old Oregon woman, whose lung cancer had been in remission, learned the disease had returned and would likely kill her. Her last hope was a $4,000-a-month drug that her doctor prescribed for her, but the (Oregon State[public]) insurance refused to pay.

What the Oregon Health Plan did agree to cover, however, were drugs for a physician-assisted death. Those drugs would cost about $50.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=55…

Ahh liberals they have achieved Utopia, death for the sick to control costs!

Just think folks here is Obama care in action...Drug too expensive? Not to worry; we have a $50.00 pill to fix you once and for all.

Democrats, yeah they need to leave this country.

Update:

Zaeitergeist good point: While Oregon wouldn't cover her a "prvate" comapny did:

"Meanwhile Wagner has faith in her medicine, not assisted death. Now, at the request of her doctor, the pharmaceutical company Genentech is giving her Tarceva free of charge for one year. "

So mucj for the "compassion" of Obama care

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Mary
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This Health Care plan is STUPID. I guess nurses will no longer be taught about patients dying with dignity. They will now be taught to ignore the elderly and terminal.

Source(s): Retired Nurse who believes in providing the best possible for dying patients no matter what their financial situation is.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Sean
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The denial was "because the drug does not meet the "five-year, 5 percent rule" -- that is, a 5 percent survival rate after five years." And if it had been funded, those against public health option would have been screaming about the misspending in this kind of case. Perhaps if the big pharma companies would rein in their costs, it would be easier to pay for cancer-fighting drugs.

• Arby
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Physician assisted suicide is specifically prohibited in the plan being proposed.

Oregon has the CURRENT plan, not an Obama sanctioned plan. By the way, it was the people of that state who elected the officials who sanctioned that plan, not the people of the US or Democrats specifically.

Private insurance refuses to pay for services and medications all the time. If you don't think medical care is being rationed NOW, then you must not know anyone who is very sick.

Source(s): I have a cousin with stage four cancer in her bones and breasts. I have a brother-in-law with stage four cancer of the throat. I have high cholesterol and was turned down for private insurance once. My father had heart desease for 25 years, most of which were subsidized by Medicaid and Medicare.
  • 1 decade ago

sad when public care fails. What if there wasn't a private insurance as a backup? They will all be forced out of business by the public option. It is estimated(by Obama's administration) to charge a 10% lower premium than private insurance. Not only will it increase taxes to subsidized the plan(yep, you could actually end up paying more), It will hold any private companies to impossible standards that the government option will not have to follow. It is designed to put the private companies out of business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why should the insurance company agree to the expensive drug? That would take the $$$ out of the insurance executives who have huge mansions, cars, and private school tuition to pay. Come on? Some old lady? She's disposable at that age. (Gee, I wonder why we need health care reform)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So you have no problem paying that much for prescriptions? You are allready flipping out over generalized free healthcare for all. Why are you not attacking the drug companies who should be giving it away for free because this dying person needs it.

You are no Mother Theresa, boy.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The Dems will ram it through the Senate with a simple majority. There is a term for that but I don't want Reps to know it.

• 1 decade ago

Your link did not work for me.

Going by what you said that is the current system in action.

Do you know that you are using something that is happening under the current health care system to oppose health care reform?

• 1 decade ago

I'm sure this isn't true, like all of your poison propaganda.

There was nothing at the link.

Here's one, "Cheney and Palin mate to create perfect race"

http://abcnews.go.comCheney Palin/story?id=55…

• 1 decade ago

So... does this have anything to do with democrats or the health care plan at all?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.