Do you think any of the following are rape?

1) A husband and wife agree sex is okay when the other is drunk. The man has sex with his drunk wife, and she's angry when she sobers up.

2) A couple agrees sex while the other is asleep is acceptable. One does it, and upsets the other.

3) A man begins to have sex with his girlfriend. It isn't wanted, but the girlfriend does nothing to convey the message.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • tracy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes -- all three.

#1. Inebriation alters a person's state of mind -- and any man who would take advantage of another person while that other person is in an altered state of mind has issues. It is not as severe as #2 and #3 since both parties are inebriated -- but it still occurs while one party is under the influence and unable to make a rational decision to express themselves intelligently.

#2. Although agreeing while awake to have sex while asleep -- it is quite different to actually go through the experience. Any person who would have sex with a sleeping person has issues ... and that is discussion for another question and another problem.

#3. Many women don't know how to express themselves -- even to the point of not knowing how to say NO. This could be due to many circumstances such as not being allowed self expression during childhood or growing up in a household that did not respect or allow children to identify or express ideas and feelings or being the vicitim of childhood sexual abuse that forced them to endure physical trauma while remaining silent.

• 1 decade ago

The first two I would have to say no, because it's not really a rape when people both agree on having sex.

Now the third one I'm not sure. It's a possibility of rape cause the girlfriend didn't agree with the man. It's kinda hard to tell.

• Bernie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

well she is drunk , in a court of law it wouldn't be considered rape it was still consonantal sex

no they agree to have sex even thought i would find it a bit weird as to not wake up if my other half was going for it and i never noticed

she never conveyed her feelings and didn't say no

even thought they may not be the ideal circumstances to have sex under in all 3 cases they were consenting sex and therefore not considered rape

this is only my opinion

• 1 decade ago

1. Yes and No. I don't think this situation is likely to happen. I mean why would she be angry, they are married.

2. Not in my opinion, they both agreed. Trying to prove this in court though would be difficult. It would be his word against her word. And it would depend who the jury believed.

3. No. You can't expect the guy to read minds. If the girl doesn't want it then she should lie there and let it happen, she should tell him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a lawyer should be present before any sexual intercourse.

• 1 decade ago

no, first 2 are explicit agreement and 3rd is passive agreement

• 1 decade ago

i think it is the 3rd one

• 1 decade ago

So your a freak huh? no force no rape

• 1 decade ago

None of those constitutes rape.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

shes stupid, i wouldn't be bother with her

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.