The Alaskan Permanent Fund?

The Alaskan Permanent Fund is common ownership of the oil resources in alaska by the Alaskan people. The money that comes from the oil is invested on behalf of all Alaskans equally. It has vastly helped the Alaskan people.

What if we created an American Permanent Fund that shared all of the United States vast resources equally among each person? (timber, oil, ore, water, air, the internet, fisheries, radio airwaves, solar energy, wind energy etc).

Corporations would pay to use these common resources to produce products for us. The money that we got from these corporations would be invested on behalf of the American people.

This would alleviate poverty, because each American would be entitled to a base income from their common ownership. Therefore, we no longer try to tax the rich to give the money to the poor (which is unfair), but simply give each American (poor or rich) a certain base amount of money because of common ownership.

Furthermore it would protect the environment because Corporations would have to pay for the amount of pollution they put into our common atmosphere, or the amount of water they use that is owned by all of us.

what do you guys think?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Bug
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think Republicans would like that idea.

Which means it's probably the best thing to do for our country. Great idea!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As an Alaskan, I think that expanding the idea on a Federal level is folly. States rights are eroding quickly enough. I do think other States need to look at such a program for themselves.

• leslie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Couldn't work. Federal government would tread on a state's right to govern itself and use resource income for their own state.

• 1 decade ago

I like that. It would even be good to back our currency on. A commodity system that is owned by "We the people".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Unlawful usurpation.

The end.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.