Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 1 decade ago

Why do people hate country music?

What I don't understand is that people listen to rap, hip hop, pop and all this music which can be so trashy, don't get me wrong i like some of the hip hop and pop music but I LOVE country! Country music tells a story about the life people live and it can really touch the soul of a person if you truly listen to the words of the song.I know that there is a lot of people that love country but here in south florida there are very few people who appreciate country music. Please give your opinion on why people hate country music.

Favorite Answer

Country music is getting more and more like pop these days.I'm 19 and i hate rap and hip hop and all that. The only music I listen to is rock (mainly classic rock) and country. But there are very few new country songs that

t I like anymore. I quit listening to the radio in the early 2000's because it keeps getting worse. But I'm a real country fan and I always have been.and I'm damn proud to be a redneck. Most kids worry about what's cool and how it makes them look infront of their friends but if you cant be yourself around your friends then you're a phony. Country sucks anymore except for some like Jamey Johnson and Brooks & Dunn. Thank you to all the real country fans like me and keep playing that hank, haggard, and jones (just to name a few).

I Hate Country Music

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why do people hate country music?

What I don't understand is that people listen to rap, hip hop, pop and all this music which can be so trashy, don't get me wrong i like some of the hip hop and pop music but I LOVE country! Country music tells a story about the life people live and it can really touch the soul of a person...

Source(s): people hate country music: https://tr.im/eEgqs

Country music is all my wife listens to. I loathe country music. I love my father, but that's what he listened to as well. I've given it a chance, and I just hate it.

I hate country music because to me, personally, it sounds horrible and it's like nails on a chalk board to me. Not my thing. I've never liked it and it all sounds the same to me. I'd rather listen to Justin bieber if I didn't have a choice. But luckily I do. I'm more of a metal/punk/alternative/Rock kind of person.

i HATE it bc most country music is love songs & i do not like love songs! i was forced to put up with it at school & at the store & i hated it! i want game & anime music to over-take the popularity of country! i guess i wouldn't mind classic country though!

• Lv 4
      6 years agoReport

sorry but i just can't stand country no offense to anybody who likes it

I dont understand it either. I love country music, that is all I listen to. I do like some soft rock and some pop, but for the most part(about 95% of the day) i listen to country. But I guess people have there own opinions on music. I think country music is so heart felt and it reaches down to your soul. It really touches me when i hear a song. I relate to country also because alot of songs describe me and my personality. I grew up in a small hillbilly town and i got hooked to country from my childhood. I dont understand rap or hard rock, that stuff just gives me a headach. I always tell ppl that I would rather have the radio than the tv. When I am not myself I turn on country music and it relaxes me. I guess we really cant tell people what they should listen to they just have to listen to country to understand it. But there are country fans out there, and that is the best kind of fan you can be. I will never give up country music. So at least you know I will always be a fan of country. Sorry this is so long. But thats me.

People hate country music because it conjures up images of intolerant white folks in the South, you never see minorities at country music concerts, and there are very few country music artists, Charlie Pride is the only one who comes to mind, because country music even though it may have valid themes and pretty much is associated with racism and

hatefulness of white middle American, especially White Southerners. In fact at many of these country music shows, there will be a general feeling of hatred towards President Obama and so called "Liberals"

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/Gs084

i sure don't i loved country music all my life

yoo. i'm going through the same thing you are. i live in south florida too. its just the culture i figure but i just want them to give country a chance. i like rap and hip hop to but country is #1 for me. but if you go to different states or even northern florida you can see that country can dominate. it all depends on where you live but more people do listen to hip-hop more. i guess its nice to know i'm not the only one living here that likes country music.

I'll tell you why I hate it. And I mean hate it.

I have to listen to it every day on the job site, and it makes me feel uncomfortable, unable to enjoy my day, angry, just all around irritated. The songs sound the same, every song is about leisure or getting the girl. There is absolutely zero talenent In modern day country music. The southern accent alone really erks me.

I just really hate it. I'd rather listen to an elephant taking a **** than be subjected to another year of my ears molested by the sounds of "kip so and so, and Kerry underwood" additionally to the countless number of doinkers that participate in making that god awful noise.

• hipster6 years agoReport

Same reason here...and I am from Texas. Country music puts WAAAYYY to much emphasis on the southern accent to the part that they sound ignorant. Every song is the same thing...either some chic left him and he is crying and getting drunk,...Or he is fishing and drunk..or on a plane getting drunk.