Why does Craigslist hire labor activists to police the internet?

San Francisco Chronicle. This morning.

Favorite Answer

I read it. I always suspected that the internet was trolled and "policed" by paid Lefties. You should see what they do over at Flickr.

Funny, I'm holding the paper in my hand and see nothing about Craiglist. Perhaps you're referring to Sunday's paper.

However, it's not about hiring labor activists to "police the internet." Craigslist didn't hire anybody.

The labor people are volunteers who help Craigslist by flagging inappropriate posts. They've been under the gun lately for allowing prostitution ads, plus there are many illegal scams and schemes that are going unnoticed.

• ?

It doesn't. Labor activists flag postings on their own initiative without any sanction or enticement from Craigslist.

That's funny because I was posting arguments in support of the striking Toronto city workers on Craigslist and they kicked me off the site. I couldn't post anything, at any time of day, that wasn't immediately deleted. I even wrote complaining to Craig himself to no avail.

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." -- William Colby, former CIA Director.