Are you allowed to take pics inside a church? Will they allow photo shoots?

I am the manager of a gospel singer and want to set up a photo shoot in a church for my artist's album cover. Will they allow photos/photo shoots inside a church? Obviously, everything will be done very tastefully.

Best Answer

no your photo will steal the soul of the church

You will most likely have to make a "donation" to the church in order to use the facility. Maybe if you use the church that the gospel singer goes to you can do it for free.

I'm not 100% sure I think you'd have to ask who ever is in charge. I know that there are churches here that allow you to take photos as long as its not during service.

Seriously now, why are you asking US? If we say yes or if we say no, are you going to take that as "gospel" (no pun intended). Don't you really think you are going to have to ask the particular church where you want to do the photos?

steve

• dragon

depends. in some churches it's definitely not allowed because they have old paintings (like in Venice). and sometimes you have to pay (even to enter the church). best would be to present the question to the church of your liking and suggest they must be proud their church is picked and will be named; include them in the process, ask for suggestions to take nice pics. that way I'm sure you'll be alright.

• photog

Simple way to find out - ask the vicar.

Most do allow this as long as you are not disturbing any services or doing anything "distasteful".

• Call whichever church you plan on using and ask. Most likely, they will let you.

Haha of course they will!