boshia1321 asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

Which is quieter- Senegal or Green Cheek?

I know, they're all different...but I mean usually.

Favorite Answer

Senegal, by far. They are after all an African bird, and as a rule are quieter than their South American cousins.

[Warning: I'm a conure owner and I'm probably biased.]

Conures are not normally quiet birds by any stretch of the imagination. I have a green cheek, and bought a sun conure about 3 years later. My green cheek can sure keep up with the noise level of a bird KNOWN for being a mouth piece... its really just the pitch that's different between the two. The Sun's call is just harder on your ears, but volume is roughly the same. And the GCC is the 'quiet conure'.

As my mother likes to say when she visits... "You sure have a big mouth for such a little tiny bird."

Don't make your choice between the two on volume alone. Get to know the birds, and pick the one you like the best. When I bought my GCC I was also pretty partial to a Senegal at the same store. I had worked there at the time and been involved in weaning the senegal whereas I was warned off the GCC initially because he was 'cranky'. The Senegal was a sweetheart, no doubt about it. But once the gcc was socialized a bit more (I took to bringing him along with me when stocking shelves etc) and passed off to people to hold, I couldn't believe how affectionate and hilarous the little monkey was. And I brought home the conure: Zeus. Noise level aside, I'd never trade the conure personality for anything and i've never regretted my choice.

Noise isn't everything, you'll get use to it. Parrots live a long time- make sure you pick a bird that matches you.

green cheeked conure are greater powerful, they do no longer chew no longer common and much less noisy than the Senegal. Senegal are greater handy to coach although. green cheeked conure are in many cases greater powerful at talking besides the fact that it relies upon the style you prepare them. Senegal budget: $4 hundred- $a million,2 hundred green cheeked conure preice variety: $one hundred- $4 hundred Senegal are actually not stable beginner birds yet GCC are. Senegal can get on your bone. Cockatiel are great puppy birds too.