What race are Lebanese and Palestinian people?

I know ethnically they are arab, but what race are they. White?? Interstingly enough, back in the day.... Italians, Jews, and Slavs were considered NON-WHITE, just like the arabs are today, in popular political discourse of the late 19th and early 20th century, and this discourse grew very influential in... show more I know ethnically they are arab, but what race are they.
White??

Interstingly enough, back in the day....
Italians, Jews, and Slavs were considered NON-WHITE, just like the arabs are today, in popular political discourse of the late 19th and early 20th century, and this discourse grew very influential in the anti-immigration movement, leading eventually, in the 1920s, to severe restrictions against entry of supposedly "non-white" groups to this country.
Most of these people WERE NOT running around in the 19th and early 20th century PROUDLY announcing that they're Italian Americans or Slavic Americans because at the time, it was often very dangerous and at least a disadvantage to be identified that way.
Arabs probably feel the same way the italians and slav people in United States were feeling back then.
Now it is so different, I guess in 50 years from now there will be another race to pick on again. Its a never ending cycle.
Update: Technically they are white. At least according to the Census Bureau. lol But they are not perceived that way the same way Italians and Slaves were not seens as white either a long time ago.
Update 2: I have a Lebanese friend that looks German!!!
Update 3: Some greeks are dark and so are sicilians so don't say dum a__ answers PLEASE.