How ticklish are your bare feet on a scale from 1-20?

Favorite Answer

I like the way you use a scale of 1 to 20 instead of 1 to 10. Now, to address your question. After numerous failed attempts, I have finally managed to condition myself to be able to get all the way through an answer to a question using the words ticklish and feet in combination without dissolving into a pudding, only to find that you have raised the degree of difficulty by stipulating bare feet. I shall do my best, but, as my toes are starting to twitch already, I should probably hurry.

Now I have retained my skepticism about the value of self-rating. What might be 10 on my scale has often proven to be about 18 on someone else's. As you seem to have considerable expertise in the wonderful world of foot tickling, your opinion on how ticklish my bare feet are would likely be much more valuable than mine.

But now I come to an interesting distinction. You have said bare feet, which is technically correct, and which always gets me twitching and tingling when I read it. There are others who say barefeet, which is of course technically not a word at all, though when reading it I can often start to feel the feather climbing up my soles and twirling between my toes. And really, if they are going to accord real word status to such things as staycation, then barefeet as a single word really ought to merit consideration as well, being useful for deeper delineation.

If implemented as I might have it, bare feet would be a pedestrian and dry reference to feet which just happened to be uncovered, more or less free of any connotation. If tickled, they would probably be tickled casually and spontaneously. Barefeet would connote some enjoyment or anticipation to the possessor or the beholder, and would be feet which were bare for a purpose - and what better purpose could there be than a full speed ahead, no holds barred, take no prisoners, fasten them down and tickle them into the middle of the next decade barefeet tickle torture?

Now I was going to continue with a discussion of how ticklish people have rated my bare feet and my barefeet to be, but, as usual, I have been too ambitious. All these thoughts about getting foot tickled have finally gotten the better of me, and my barefeet are demanding that I take them out and get them tickled immediately, for if I am not laughing hysterically within the next half hour I shall rue the consequences. In fact, they are so determined that I'm practically giggling already...

• Rye

20

20

• Lexi

5

4

0

LOL, not very ticklish. Maybe at most a 5. Probably because regular burning and even occasional blistering of the soles in hotter summer weather during the hottest afternoon hours and for more than one consecutive summer has burned off much of the ticklishness. I can still feel the attempt to tickle my feet with a finger or a feather.

• 15

15

A 10.