My sewing machine needle wont move...?

I'm trying to use my Singer Prelude but the needle wont move! I'm not an expert at sewing my any means btw* But I have it threaded right and everything is plugged in but whenever I press down on the pedal I can hear the motor moving and it doesn't sound like its jammed (and I know what a jam sounds... show more I'm trying to use my Singer Prelude but the needle wont move!
I'm not an expert at sewing my any means btw*
But I have it threaded right and everything is plugged in but whenever I press down on the pedal I can hear the motor moving and it doesn't sound like its jammed (and I know what a jam sounds like) but still..no movement. I can turn the big knob to make the needle move though...
I dont know what to do! Help? I need to get my Renaissance Faire costume done haha.

Thanks.
Update: how do I tighten a belt?
Update 2: oh man Idk what category I should of put this in.. I figured some people might know repairs... a sewing machine is electronic..
3 answers