What are the essential Smashing Pumpkins songs?

I have the Rotten Apples greatest hits album and was wondering what other songs I should get to complete my Smashing Pumpkins collection. Here is the track listing to Rotten Apples, what else should I be listening to?

1. "Siva" – 4:21

2. "Rhinoceros" – 5:53

3. "Drown" – 4:30

4. "Cherub Rock" – 4:59

5. "Today" – 3:22

6. "Disarm" – 3:18

7. "Landslide" – 3:06

8. "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" - 4:18

9. "1979" – 4:23

10. "Zero" – 2:41

11. "Tonight, Tonight" – 4:15

12. "Eye" – 4:54

13. "Ava Adore" – 4:21

14. "Perfect" – 3:22

15. "The Everlasting Gaze" – 4:02

16. "Stand Inside Your Love" – 4:13

17. "Real Love" – 4:10

18. "Untitled" – 3:51

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That's the problem with geatest hits albums... they only give a sampling. Start from the beginning and get the albums "Gish" and "Siamese Dream". If you're lucky enough to find it, get the EP "Lull" (came out between gish and siamese dream and is AWESOME) I can't belive "I Am One" isn't on that so called "greatest hits"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning

• 4 years ago

Bullet With Butterfly Wings

• tizmal
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you def need to get the album mellon collie and the infinite sadness. it is a double disc and is their best, imo. they have some songs on it that are just epic. a few i love are ''thirty three,'' ''through the eyes of ruby,'' ''here is no why,'' ''porcelina of the vast oceans,'' and ''galapogos.'' but the whole cd is a must have; you won't be disappointed. i am not a big fan of the latest stuff which billy corgan has been putting out lately, since the whole line-up of the band has changed.

Source(s): big fan of the original pumpkins
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

"Thirty-Three" off of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

• 1 decade ago

You need every album.

As for a song that no one has mentioned and I love, I'd have to recommend "Blue Skies Bring Tears".

• 1 decade ago

Buy all the albums.

That's the only way to complete any collection.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.