When you read statements here like "Evolution is false" and "Catholics aren't Christians"...?

...does it make you wonder about the credentials of the people teaching this brand of Christianity? Are they people who paid the 85 bucks to become ordained online? Or is there another explanation?

Favorite Answer

I figure the drinking game's applicable *drink*

It's like parrots who repeat stuff with no understanding

showing them how they are wrong doesn't work as they have a God that fits their agenda

• That answer is easy, it's fundamentalist Pauluanity at work and I just roll my eyes at the mindset!. Yes very true the credentials do make me wonder about these people and if they have any credentials, like Rick above said the Non denominations are scarier just look at Mr ''Please pray........ I am a saved believer not a protestant''. As much as I try i am trying to work out the credentials there O.o!. (you know who an why).

No, it's actually another explanation.

These types of questions are actually pathetic attempts at propaganda and manipulation. They are not aimed at getting an answer they are aimed at getting as many people as possible to think on these lines.

The "Catholics aren't Christians" is Protestant propaganda against Catholics and the "Evolution is false" is Christian propaganda against Atheists. Those of you that can't see this are merely victims of the propaganda.

They could have paid the 295 bucks to become ordained. You can minister prison weddings if you get that.

I just wonder what kind of people can come up with such things in the 21st century?

They would have been the type who, centuries ago, had Galileo arrested for saying the Earth isn't the centre of the universe or that the world isn't flat.

I just see someone who states that "evolution is false" as somebody who should be in the looney bin.

And what the **** about micro/macro evolution????

I know of REGULAR evolution, over millions and billions, or even sometimes hundreds of thousands of years. Sometimes less if circumstances permit.

Common sense has all but fluttered away..... *sighs*

Source(s): Reality.

Even scarier is the fact that most of them are "non-denominational", meaning that the common sense available in most Christian franchises - those that deal with the real world on a day to day basis - is totally unavailable to them, and they can wallow in the most superstitious nonsense that strikes their fancy (which does, unfortunately, often include ignorance and hatred)

EDIT: And a note to one of your responders who insists claims that evolution is true is somehow calling God a "liar" - NO, but we are calling those that insist that a book (written by a bunch of priests who sought to insure their sustenance by making outlandish claims about the authorship of this 2000 year old tome you call "the Word of God") filled with mythologies ripped from the Mediterranean World is somehow "science" or "history" liars...we are definately calling those people liars...because they are liars...they are most definately and assuredly liars in the most heinous definitions of the word...only a liar would attempt to pass off such an obvious and disgusting fraud...only a person with little regard for Justice, and seeking only to aggrandize himself at the expense of Truth would attempt it, so that person is most categorically a liar.

So somebody is definately being called a "liar", but it isn't God that's being called a liar...

• Mike K

Hello,

As Christ himself said there would be lots of false teachers and prophets coming to fool us in His name so I take it in stride.

To be a priest or authentic minister you need a basic bachelor's degree and 4 years of study on top of that. These 85 dollar types are found in some of the 30,000 plus other Christian sects. The Catholic churches seem to have a better grip regarding the qualifications of their clergymen.

Cheers,

Michael Kelly

Kevin S,

From my perception, it was "all organized Religion" that seemed to swing to the extreme intolerant level that it has, starting after 9/11. I had been a Catholic my entire life when I witnessed my so called "Christlike" friends go after Protestants for their so called ignorance in not accepting "the body and blood of Jesus Christ." The Y and A forum clearly illustrates how intolerant everyone is of any faith other than their own.

Christ was about "love," All Religion is bloody, divisive, and full of hypocrisy.

That my friend is the obvious explanation.

When you belong to a religion, you have to suspend disbelief and go for what it teaches even if it's arrant nonsense. They've all given up using their brains because their particular brand of Christianity makes them feel good and superior that only THEY have got it right. I conclude that from the way that most people who say those things act so arrogant towards the rest of us. And if the rest of us disagree, we're just the deluded non-spirit-filled ignorant people who will go to hell. (Actually I know I'm going to hell and I know it'll be fun!)