Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMotorcycle Racing · 1 decade ago

IS THIS DIRTBIKE GOOD FOR ME? URGENT! 10 QUICK POINTS!! PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!!!!!!!?

Hi, i found this cheap bike and i'm wondering if it's good.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycl...

i'm 15 years old, and i live in Ontario,canada. i'm 5'3", and 100 lbs. waht is the best offer you think i can get on this bike? I'm just starting out, so this will be my first bike. will it be too small for me or the right size? i want to do racing and fmx so would this bike be suitible for that stuff?

THANKS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'll bet money that that's a crappy chinese bike. Whatever you do... do not buy that.. it will start to fall apart and it would be really hard to find parts for it. You will have a bad experience with it.

I HIGHLY reccomend you get a known brand name bike... such as Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawisaki, Husqvana, or KTM.

• 1 decade ago

first off, its a pit bike so its not really a race or FMX bike, Second since your a starter you should probably get an 85cc 2-stroke that would get you used to powerbands and let you throw the bike around a little better since your only 15 and a starter at that, third as everyone else has said chinese bikes are cheap because they are cheaply made not something you want to think about right before you jump it. In my opinion, go on craiglist or ebay or look in the classifieds and buy a cheap used 85cc 2-stroke bike, preferably Yamaha or Honda, this will get you into the rythem of riding and when you get good with that, trade it in and get a 125cc 2-stroke or a 250F (4-stroke). And don't listen to the idiot that suggested you get a 250cc for your first bike cause you will never get the fundamentals down and you will never progress as a rider, not to mention all th sparkplugs you would foul out putting around on a bike that big. any questions just email me bobflimmer88@yahoo.com

• 4 years ago

You would be much better off finding an old Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki/KTM/Husqvarna/Suzu... , any of the recognized big name brands. You would be happy with any of their 125CC bikes, but I would be very hesitant to buy this one. It is an unknown manufacturer, with unknown quality. Well made dirt bikes can live LONG lives.Honda (IMHO) dominated the dirt bike world in the 80's (i hate saying that because I ride Yamaha), and you would be well served by looking into that era of Honda CR style dirt bikes.. A 1980 Honda CR125 would probably be under 500$ and , if it's been kept well, run you ragged for years to come. I still have my 1976 Yamaha XT250. I geared it out for hill / trail riding years ago and rolled 99,000 miles on it at least twice. You cannot get that kind of quality from a no-name bike.

• 1 decade ago

I would not get it. Its a chinese brand and they are crap. I would get a suzuki kawisaki yamaha honda or ktm. Chinese brand bikes are cheap because they are made cheap. And since they are made cheap they break easily amd often. And require you to replace parts qhich is a hassle due to low popularity. I would recomend a 125cc bike for you. But be ready to learn to use a clutch. A 110 wont have a clutch but wont last you very long because you Will grow right Out of it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No I don't think so. It's got drum brakes front and rear, so that's definitely a no-no. No-name brand = bad after market service. Rather go for something that guarantees performance like a Kawasaki KX250F, Suzuki RM250F, Yamaha YZ250F or Honda CR250F.

• 1 decade ago

I wouldnt spend my money on that bike, i say save up your money so u can get a real bike, thats worth the money

• 1 decade ago

Yes that bike is for you. I like it a lot i wish i had one like that =/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I really would not bother with it as it is a waste of money. Keep saving up

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

harcore piece of junk

• 1 decade ago

yea

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.