Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 decade ago

IS THIS DIRTBIKE GOOD FOR ME? URGENT! 10 QUICK POINTS!! PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!!!!!!!?

Hi, i found this cheap bike and i'm wondering if it's good.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycl...

i'm 15 years old, and i live in Ontario,canada. i'm 5'3", and 100 lbs. waht is the best offer you think i can get on this bike? I'm just starting out, so this will be my first bike. will it be too small for me or the right size? i want to do racing and fmx so would this bike be suitible for that stuff?

THANKS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

Favorite Answer

Honestly, these inexpensive Chinese bikes look like a good deal, but these are very low quality motorcycles that you may never find parts for and end up having to basically throw it away when you cannot find what you need to repair it. You definitely cannot race or FMX this bike without breaking it in half. Stick with the big 4 Jap bikes, KTM or Husqvarna.

You would be much better off finding an old Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki/KTM/Husqvarna/Suzuki , any of the recognized big name brands. You would be happy with any of their 125CC bikes, but I would be very hesitant to buy this one. It is an unknown manufacturer, with unknown quality.

Well made dirt bikes can live LONG lives.Honda (IMHO) dominated the dirt bike world in the 80's (i hate saying that because I ride Yamaha), and you would be well served by looking into that era of Honda CR style dirt bikes.. A 1980 Honda CR125 would probably be under 500$ and , if it's been kept well, run you ragged for years to come. I still have my 1976 Yamaha XT250. I geared it out for hill / trail riding years ago and rolled 99,000 miles on it at least twice. You cannot get that kind of quality from a no-name bike.

That looks like a Honda 90 clone. Although it might be 125cc, it's no race bike. It won't make half the power of a 125 2-stroke race bike. Can't tell how good the suspension components are, but since we are thinking Chinese clone, I'm gonna say no.

Think of it as a play bike that can give you hours of enjoyment, at the cost of many more hours of fixing and hunting down scarce or non-existent parts.

The Torque is pretty good for starting out and your height and weight should be ok...now on down the road you will want to get a new one cause its not the best kind of bike but it will do you for a while. Until you get used to riding

I would not get it. Its a chinese brand and they are crap. I would get a suzuki kawisaki yamaha honda or ktm. Chinese brand bikes are cheap because they are made cheap. And since they are made cheap they break easily amd often. And require you to replace parts qhich is a hassle due to low popularity. I would recomend a 125cc bike for you. But be ready to learn to use a clutch. A 110 wont have a clutch but wont last you very long because you Will grow right Out of it.

• mushki

I would never buy a Chinese knock off bike. You cannot get parts for them making them throw away bikes.

Ya that's a perfect bike for you its perfect size for your weight. Please give me the 10 points . I know thats a perfect bike for a 100 ibs.

Get a 250cc you will out grow the one your looking at in no time

no its gunna cost u more to fix it if u break it then what its worth

nope