Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are the Folks against Health Care legislation "Un-American" because they disagree with Obama?

In an Op-ed piece appearing in USA Today, Nancy Pelosi called dissenters at Town halls "Un-American" and stated that "Americans have been waiting for nearly a century for quality, affordable health care."

Fact: We already have the best quality health care in the world.

Fact: Even the Leftists are now promoting HEALTH INSURANCE REFORM

So whats wrong with the Insurance industry? It costs too dam much and there is one reason it does!

Greedy patients that cry malpractice and unscrupulous lawyers that file multimillion dollar law suits against doctors that make mistakes BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMAN!

What say you America?

Please opine anytime anytime with pithy comments. And when answering please don't be...pugnacious...in the No Spin Zone!

Update:

YES! I AGREE THAT PELOSI IS UNAMERICAN AND SHOULD IMMEGRATE BACK TO MARS.

Update 2:

For the several answers that pick at semantics...ABC News reported that Pelosi called the protesters "Un-American" too!

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

• I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.

• We are Americans, We have the right to participate and debate any administration.

--Hillary Clinton

• 1 decade ago

No they are not. I wonder can we find a way to acknowledge the protesters concerns without insulting them? And at the same time insure the safety of the Representatives and supporters or undecided at the Town Hall Meetings so that those present are not being intimidated into silence, able to ask their questions, and get answers? Cause what is being done now is just not working for anyone. There may be unintended consequences, just as there was with the McCain/Palin rallies.

• 1 decade ago

6 months ago pelosi said protest was the "highest form of patriotism".

now we have "change"....

Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They counted wrong.

Ronald Reagan

• 1 decade ago

Let's see...

If the Democrats are truly for reforming health care and lowering costs, how about caps on litigation awards and frivolous lawsuits?

Oh wait, trail lawyers are their core contributors!

What was I thinking?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No these white devils are UN-AMERICANS because they want let the democratic process happen in these town hall meeting disrupting and acting out with threats against those who want to debate health care is just UN-AMERICANS as you could get.And what ironic is most of these racist old white devils are receiving government health care already through medicare , medicaid .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The statistics I've see say that malpractice suits account for about 10% of the current cost of health care. So that's one reason costs are too high, but not THE one reason.

We do have the best quality health care in the world for those that can afford it. But that's not very comforting for those that can't afford it.

• Cinner
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well according to Pelosi we are....I couldn't disagree more! It is American to fight against the socialization of our country.

Thanks for your farcical question!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nancy Peloci wouldn't know a real American if they bit her in the ***. As a Native Californian please allow me to apologize for the ignorance and stupidity that is Ms Peloci and her supporters

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nancy Pelosi also called Immigration Officers that were enforcing Immigration Laws "Unamerican"

She seems to have a very skewed view of what is "Unamerican" I for one consider her to be "Unamerican"

Heil 0bama!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only Un-American one in this story is Obama. Remember his mentors- Rev Wright- G D America and Saul Alinsky the av-out communist - Obama don't like us!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.