Randy
Randy asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

If CM Punk wins the World Championship at SummerSlam, should John Morrison get a shot at the Title?

Well, John Morrison beat CM Punk twice on Smackdown..

So What do you think?

Bonus Question: Who would you prefer to be the World Heavyweight Champion?

Jeff Hardy or CM Punk or John Morrison.

Star, if you like.

• Favorite Answer

I think so. I mean, the guy is clearly next in line for a title feud once the Jeff Hardy-CM Punk thing concludes. Now, I'm not in any hurry to see Hardy-Punk end, because it has been one of the best feuds in years, but when it does end, I'd love to see Morrison step up and join the main event.

Now, I really don't know who is going to come out on top in the Punk-Hardy feud. If you'd asked me a few months ago, I'd have said Punk for sure, with him just cashing in on MITB and everything. Feuding with Jeff Hardy, one of the biggest faces on the planet, seemed like the perfect builder feud for getting Punk into a realy, despicable heel.

Plus, with all the rumors swirling around that Jeff was leaving to take time off, it seemed set in stone that Punk would clearly defeat Hardy and enjoy a long championship heel reign. But when Jeff won the belt, I was pretty shocked, to be honest.

I think that Vince put the title on him to stop him from leaving, but he's clearly still high on Punk, so I have no clue who's going to win, or what's going to happen when their program does end.

That brings me back to John Morrison. I've loved how strong his push has been and how positively the crowd has reacted to him. As a face he's finally able to wrestle the exciting, breathtaking style we all know he can. I'd love to see John Morrison as World Heavyweight Champion.

The one X-Factor that I think most people are forgetting though is The Undertaker. He's set to return at or shortly after Summerslam, and I think it's safe to say he won't be mid-carding. So what happens with Morrison? He's obviously ready for the main event. But I don't really forsee Punk or Hardy stepping aside either. I hate to say it, but with The Undertaker coming back, I wouldn't be surprised if Morrison mid-cards for a few more months at least. I don't want that to happen, but it seems like the logical answer.

BQ: It's a tough choice, because I'm a huge fan of all three, but I'd like to see John Morrison as world champion. I've watched him since he was a low end mid-carder. He's one of the most exciting, fun-to-watch stars WWE has. I'd love to see him given a real shot.

I Think That Sometime In The Near Future John Morrison Will Get His Title Shot, But I Think That CM Punk Will Beat Jeff Hardy At Summerslam Because Jeff Even Said That He Was Going To Take Some Time Off From The WWE. I Think That Within These Next Few Weeks, WWE Will Try To Give Matt Hardy A Face Turn So He Can Main Event On Smackdown In Place Of Jeff. I Do Not Think That Matt Will Win The Title, And Because Of That, John Morrison May Possibly Have A Chance At Winning Or At Least Competing Against CM Punk. As We Have All Seen, John Morrison Is Being Pushed On Smackdown, And I Think That they Are Successful In Pushing Him. By The End Of Summerslam If Jeff Does Leave, Then Matt Hardy And John Morrison WILL Be Main Eventing In Place Of Jeff.

BQ: Jeff Hardy Is Really Overrated And I Think That He Deserves To Lose The Title. CM Punk's Heel Turn Is Amazing, So I Wouldn't Mind Having Him Become Champion Again. John Morrison Needs A Little More Time To Win The Belt, Give Him A Few Weeks Or Months. The Man Who Really Needs To Win The Title Is Matt Hardy!

• Walken

Nice Question!

John Morrison already got his rematch: Two weeks ago on Smackdown It was Jeff Hardy VS John Morrison. The Winner was Jeff Hardy. If Cm Punk wins The World Heavyweight Championship belt at Summerslam. Jeff Hardy will get his rematch. I don't think Cm Punk could win The World Heavyweight Championship in a TLC match, which is Jeff Hardy's favorite match. At Summer it is possible for Cm Punk to win The World Heavyweight Championship belt. Cm Punk won To money in The Bank ladder match. Maybe could do The same in a TLC match.

Yes, John Morrison definitely deserves the title, he's one of the best wrestlers ever, and has been one of my favorites ever since I saw him on Raw as Johnny Nitro with Melina, He's a great singles (inter continental Champion, ECW champion) and tag team( MNM,and with the Miz) competitor.He deserves the big prize.It would be even cooler if John Morrison was also put into the TLC match at Summerslam and won it, he had a great ladder match against Jeff Hardy for the Inter continental title on Raw in 2006, and did awesome in the Wrestlemania 24 Money in The Bank Ladder Match.

BQ: I definitely want The Guru of Greatness, John Morrison to be the World Heavyweight Champion.

I have a feeling that after SummerSlam CM Punk will start to feud with Matt Hardy over the World Heavyweight Championship.

BQ: John Morrison

Jeff Hardy is overrated by WWE

CM Punk is overrated by his diehard fans

So I would rather have John Morrison as champ then those two.

If Morrison gets the next shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, we can only hope that the WWE does the right thing and allows him to win cleanly, regardless of if the champion is Jeff Hardy or C.M. Punk.

BQ: Morrison (see above)

• Diane

In all honesty, i think the reason why they have not given him the push he deserves is because they think that having HHH as champ for 50 million years or having the WHC go through 3 hands, one by one, is what the fans want. And although those 4 guys are the most popular superstars they have, if they want to be a successful corporation now and in the future, they have to start giving the title to people that deserve it. In life, you work hard to achieve success. If you don't reach it, then you work even harder. I honestly believe that CM Punk is a fan favorite because of his tenacity, his courage, and his non-stop motor, always keep working. He isn't flashy. He isn't a crybaby like Jericho. When he was WHC, you saw that he had good mic skills, and never backed down from anyone. He treated it with respect. Those are the type of guys that should be champ. Jericho should never touch championship gold again. His antics on the mic, and in the locker room, is quite frankly, obnoxious. He shows no respect to anybody. Period.

i think it will be a triple threat for the world heavyweight championship at summerslam jeff hardy vs cm punk vs john morrison.

I Want a triple threat but i can see where this is going punk will win the he will face morrison

BQ: Hardy Or Morrison

i think it is going to be a fatel four way match matt hardy vs john morrison vs jeff hardy vs cm punk ; bq jeff hardy