Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 decade ago

Has anyone ever had Tai Chien chicken?

It's on my local Chinese restaurant menu's specials list, and I want to try something different?

Is it worth a look?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is actually the same as Kung Pao chicken, but modified by the famous Chinese painter, Chang Dai Chien, he used to serve this dish to his guests at his home, so Dai Chien Chicken was named after him.

This is a Szechuan dish, as Chang Dai Chien is from Szechuan, it is spicy stir fried chicken thighs, leek (all diced), dried chili, sweet red and green bell pepper, with the favour of sour (Chinese rice vinegar), hot (Szechuan chili sauce (dou ban sause & Szechuan pepper) and sugar, chicken stock...etc.

We don't use olive oil to cook this dish, but peanut oil!!!! The recipe of the first answerer is not authentic because it doesn't have vinegar + Szechuan pepper + garlic in the seasoning list and normally we don't put celery nor water chestnut in this dish! But Chinese leek is one of the main ingredients.

Szechuan pepper is the soul of the favour of this dish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang_Dai-chien

I always have the authentic Kung Pao chicken in the Szechuan restaurants in Beijing or Hong Kong.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • tarr
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Tai Chien Chicken

• 4 years ago

Ta Chien Chicken

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Has anyone ever had Tai Chien chicken?

It's on my local Chinese restaurant menu's specials list, and I want to try something different?

Is it worth a look?

Source(s): tai chien chicken: https://biturl.im/Kusml
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You've NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?

• 1 decade ago

this is the recipe, see how you like the components and you can decided for yourself

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 2 1/2 pounds total)

3 mixed sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch dice

2 large celery ribs, cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 1 cup)

2 cups chicken broth

3 tablespoons cornstarch

3 tablespoons soy sauce

2 tablespoons hoisin sauce

1 teaspoon hot sauce

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1 cup uncooked white rice, cooked following package directions

Directions

1 In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 8 minutes. Remove to a plate and reserve.

2 Add peppers and celery to skillet and stir fry for 5 minutes.

3 In a medium size bowl, whisk together chicken broth and cornstarch. Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, hot sauce and ground ginger. Whisk until combined.

4 Add chicken back to skillet; stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook on medium-high heat for 2 minutes, until thickened.

5Serve immediately over cooked rice

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.