1962 ironhead sportster charging problems..?

I am having generator problems on my ol' ironhead. This is not the first time I have had this problem. It is the fourth time. I have decided to quit rebuilding/replacing generators. I am going to put the alternator conversion on it. The problem is that I can only find the complete conversion kit(alternator, wiring harness, and voltage regulator). I really only need the alternator. Does anyone know where I can get just the alternator.

Favorite Answer

I have installed a few of those kits myself, but I have never seen just the alternator. You may try contacting V-Twin Mfg and ask them.

http://www.vtwinmfg.com/NewVtwinWeb/index.html

Source(s): 20yr HD Tech. MMI Grad 1991 and 2009. Factory trained by HD, Big Dog, American Ironhorse, Titan, and Indian.

ok, you have gas, you have spark, good assumption you're no longer working in area so which you have air. Now examine compression, valve adjustment and timing. Are you attempting with sparkling gas.