Extra-terrestrial life? Whats your opinion?

heres something that bugs me. there are tons of videos, accounts and so on of UFO's and ET activity, so why are they forgotten and so unimportant? i realize a large proportion can be written off as hoaxes, but there videos and happenings out there that are unexplainable, and it seems impossible for them to be... show more heres something that bugs me. there are tons of videos, accounts and so on of UFO's and ET activity, so why are they forgotten and so unimportant? i realize a large proportion can be written off as hoaxes, but there videos and happenings out there that are unexplainable, and it seems impossible for them to be hoaxes in my opinion, the evidence is there on film,so why are they not looked into? the question of whether we are alone in the universe has been answered for me by some of these videos, but on the majority they seem to be brushed aside and forgotten, do people not want to know?

what are your opinions on this?

if you disagree with me, i would appreciate you telling me what you think is in the videos instead of UFO's in any videos youve seen (not arguing, just you may have some explanations i hadnt thought of)

thanks!
Update: thanks, some really great answers so far, i agree with the point that even if life exists, the design of the universe, even with light speed travel, would almost certainly prohibit life forms from coming into contact, as any journey would take millions of years. i also agree with the idea that we are incapable... show more thanks, some really great answers so far, i agree with the point that even if life exists, the design of the universe, even with light speed travel, would almost certainly prohibit life forms from coming into contact, as any journey would take millions of years.

i also agree with the idea that we are incapable of fully comprehending the idea of ET life