nathan c asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

What are your thoughts on the Silva vs Griffin fight?

I thought it was embarassing

Favorite Answer

It was embarrassing, so embarrassing that Forrest left, he's a very emotional guy, which is fine by me, but I think he thinks the fans think (follow that?) that it's pu$$y to cry after a fight, so he ran to the locker room.

All the fans who complained about Silva not being entertaining are idiots, I'm so sick of people complaining about Silva vs Leitis. Anderson didn't want to go to the ground with him, get over it. He was fighting a guy who ran away and flopped on his back, what'd you want him to do?

Sorry for the sidenote... I rewatched Forrest v Silva, and counted, Silva threw a total of 28 strikes, and didn't throw any the first minute. So in 150 seconds he threw *30 strikes...one strike every 5 seconds, rocked him twice, and KO'd him with a fade-away jab... that is just amazing. Forrest, a guy known for having cement in his head got taken to school.

Source(s): Machida vs Silva ...I WANT IT

I knew Silva was gonna win. I just didn't think he would manhandle Griffin. Although Griffin I knew would lose I was going for him. Griffin fights on heart. Maybe, though, he should be fighting on something more.

I hope Forrest comes back. maybe not against Silva, but just comes back to fight. I love that guy.

I was shocked when he ran though. I mean Forrest was the man. He beat out some prime cuts. I really don't consider his win to Rua much as Rua came in with a messed up knee. It would be pretty cool to see a rematch.

I just hope the man can hear and he comes back alright. His jaw got destroyed and so did his hearing. Can you imagine what that does to someone emotionally?

the interesting thing is Silva is kind of a jerk. I mean Silva is the man, but he was mocking Griffin. Anyways, with that in mind I still say he is one the greatest fighters of all time. Only GSP, BJ Penn, Randy Couture, and Fedor I'd consider to be actually legendary where they are just going to dominate whatever they want.

Griffin was just never good enough to face Silva. What I wish could happen would be for Griffin to cut down to 185 and be a big 185 and see him against some other guys like Franklin and Hendo and W. Silva. it would be a nice change. But, man.... I hope I see Griffin back.

I can't believe people actually thought it was an upset. Nobody would if they saw the Ace get trumped... I had to say that.

• Bob

I think Silva is an incredible athlete and nobody will beat him for a long time. I respect his tremendous talent but I would love to see him get knocked out by somebody when he drops his hands and showboats. As for Silva vs Griffin... that fight should have never even taken place. Griffin never stood a chance. Then again I don't think anyone below heavyweight has a chance except for the one guy he won't fight. Machida. GSP would never have a chance either. He should fight heavyweights. I think he could knock out Lesnar before Lesnar could take him down. A great fight that will never happen would be Silva vs Fedor.

I'm a Griffin fan so it was quite upsetting. Even though, statistically, Silva is the better fighter i would have liked to seen Griffin take it to him. Griffin has alot of charisma so he should bounce back rather quickly. He wasn't as badly shamed from UFC like Kimbo Slice was, but his loss was still rather upsetting and i do believe both fighters could have handled themselves more sportsman's like. I didn't care for Griffins run away nor did i care for Silva's "helping hand" towards Griffin. So all in all, likes and dislikes aside, the whole thing was upsetting.

It was embarrassing for Griffin, but who thought he had a chance. Other than his fan boys, no one gave him a shot at winning this fight. Silva just made him look pathetic, he didnt even put his hands up to block Griffins punches.

Dude, do you know that forest is a big Light Heavyweight? How could he go to Middleweight, it would be almost impossible. He would have to cut somewhere around 50 pounds to make weight, I cant believe a Forest fan boy didnt know that.

I thought it was a total domination by Anderson Silva. He caught Forrest charging in with precise punches to the chin. Awesome display of one of the best strikers of all-time.

• Kong

I was hoping for an upset but when I saw the real Anderson Silva showed up, those hopes fell by the wayside.

Silva is the P4P king i have been saying this even with his last 2 fights he made all 3 guys look bad without even trying. i watched the fight like 20 times it was that crazy and know im seeing all these all of a sudden anderson fans wtf like they are the same ones that where hating on him from his last 2 fights

i knew silva would win but forrest was the guy i was rooting for. forrset should have went for a takedown but he was afraid of andersons muay thai. also, he wasn't as focused as he should have been going into a big fight like that. i wouldn't say it was ery embarrassing. just not flattering. in the words of forrest griffen

"i'm not the best, but i'll fight anybody"

i don't think he expected to win