Becoming a better muslim (plz dont judge me)?

Ok, so i was born a muslim here in the UK and have lived here all my life. I grew up as a muslim (my dad is muslim, mum is a revert) because of this, i wasn't taught as much about islam as others in a fully muslim household. I went to sunday school in the mosque a few times but as a kid my dad couldn't... show more Ok, so i was born a muslim here in the UK and have lived here all my life. I grew up as a muslim (my dad is muslim, mum is a revert) because of this, i wasn't taught as much about islam as others in a fully muslim household. I went to sunday school in the mosque a few times but as a kid my dad couldn't always take us all...myself and my siblings strayed slightly from islam, we still did basic rules like no pork etc but i was never taught to pray, cant read the quran, I do know things about islam, i know lots or rules and stories and how to live....im like to western to be called a good muslim, but to islamic to be a westerner lol.
When i go to mosque i don't really feel accepted. Im half black half white and when i went to a mainly asian mosque they stared and asked if i can speak english and stuff, they just acted like i was an alien. When i went to a mainly black mosque they called me white and laughed. People also laugh at me coz i don't know much about islam....it kinda put me off because of peoples reactions. I tried to go and learn but was laughed at and felt to ashamed to go back....what do you all suggest i do?? I got myself a quaran to read and a few islamic teaching books. I just so badly want to become a better muslim but don't know where to start.....don't judge me ok, just answer if you have something constructive to say.
Update: Ps...thanks for ALL the answers so far, and thanks for not judging me on it all...i know it sounds weird, but that has never happened before lol.
Update 2: Naazi...i know lots about all religions. My dad always taught us we must learn about all religions so we dont feel forced into islam and we can all make our own choice, and i thank allah that all my siblings and myself all saw ISLAM WAS THE RIGHT WAY FOR US!! Mohammed B...that would be great thanks so much!!
Update 3: Mujahid. i said a MAINLY asian mosque and a MAINLY black mosque. If you have been to mosques in the UK you would have seen that majority of the mosques are all mainly people of 1 race attending. Obviously there is no such thing as an asian or a black mosque.