my computers local disc C is full, and my local disc D is not and has bigger space 96 GB vs my C has 13GB?

HOW do I increase my dic C space? can i Transfer some content of Disc C to Disc D? without harming my computer?

4 Answers

  • Jon
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Where is you restore file located? If it's a standard partition, you can simply copy and paste from C Drive into D drive and delete the original files ones the transfer is complete. There's a way to increase partition space for C only if you know how to use Dos. Move all your movies, music, pictures into D Drive. You can't move the installed programs. The computer will have error if you did that. I use external storage so my C Drive isn't crowded. They are cheap now, you can get 350 Gig external hard drive for less than $100.

  • 1 decade ago

    get a drive cloning program like driveimage xml and make an exact copy of the C: drive before you do anything. I would advise buying a bigger drive they are very cheap now and good used ones are even cheaper. If drives C:and D: are on the same drive you can get partitioning software that will resize the partitions without losing anything

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Open my computer and right click your disc c and click properties. After that click compress this driver to save disc space then click ok. It will compress your file to make some room(I haven't try it) OR You can transfer disc c to d but only program that you installed like games and other program.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    The best way is to move your Documents folder to the D drive.

    Here's how:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.