Brass Monkey asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Weight loss questions....?

I have been trying to lose weight for the last few months - for the past few weeks I have been keeping a food and exercise journal. I am currently quite overweight - 5'4" and 270 lbs. I am also lactating which increases my caloric requirements. Based on all of the "calorie calculators" I have used, I supposedly need to take in 3300 calories per day to maintain my current weight. Now, I do 30 minutes a day on an elliptical machine, at a heartrate of about 160. This supposedly burns about 500-600 calories. I also do heavy farm chores for 30-60 minutes a day. I eat 1600-1900 calories a day, and somehow I am gaining weight (about a pound a week). Can someone tell me how this is possible? What am I doing wrong here?

Update:

I can't eat any fewer calories than I do now or I will stop making milk.

Update 2:

I guess I should add that I eat no more than 4 oz of meat in a day, never red meat (only lean white meats) and very low refined carbs - no simple sugars. Largely my diet consists of fruits/vegies and whole grains.

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I was overweight before. And I know many people would disagree with what I have to say, but how I lost a load of weight was going on the vegetarian diet. I stopped eating all animal products, nearly vegan. I am still a vegetarian, but I do eat cheese and ice cream. Hope it helps. Lemme know if you have any further concerns.

M

Source(s): Six Year Vegetarian. 5'2 125lbs
  • 4 years ago

have one to two alcoholic dricks daily instead of more

• 4 years ago

eat chili for a couple of days research shows that chili peppers boost your metabolic rate burning 50 more cals a day

• Brenda
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

cut down your own christmas tree

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

vanquish hunger with volumetrics

• 5 years ago

Chew thoroughly chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing

• 6 years ago

crank your ipod as you walk at 3 5 mph for 23 minutes

• 4 years ago

if you re having trouble getting started make a small move such as starting an eating log or buying walking shoes you re three times more likely to follow through if you start with small gestures such as these

• 1 decade ago

trying eating 1500 cals a day u will lose weight fast

also stay away from bread

• 5 years ago

eat a fiber filled apple before a meal to help you feel full faster

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.