Eden asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

I can't open spybot search and destroy?

I picked up the blue screen virus that tries to get you to buy that shitty security stuff. I went into both file "Windows Antivirus PRO" and "PC anti spyware 2010" and deleted the stuff inside the folder. Sice ive done that, there hasnt been any pop ups.The only thing i have is the red icon that tells me that my comp. is infected.After having to go through a pain in the *** download of Spybot Search and Destroy, windows wont open it up, or cntrol panel options, or system, i basically just have IE and my computer and crap.

Can someone give me Step-By-Step instructions to open Spybot or do anything else so i can get the rest of this crap off my comp.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Download these FREE SCANNERS from these websites:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://malwarebytes.org/

Malwarebytes is a site dedicated to fighting malware. Malwarebytes has developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a surprisingly effective freeware antimalware tool. It's a relatively speedy malware remover, with the quick scan taking about 8 minutes even with other high-resource programs running.

SUPERAntiSpyware: http://superantispyware.com/

Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware and Remove Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits, Rogue Security Products and many other types of threats. Light on System Resources and won't slow down your computer like many other anti-spyware products. Won't conflict with your existing anti-spyware or anti-virus solution! Repair broken Internet Connections, Desktops, Registry Editing and more with our unique Repair System!

DOWNLOAD THE FREE VERSIONS

WORKS VERY WELL

• 4 years ago

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC : http://moveantivirus.com/?EsMc
  • 1 decade ago

If spybot wont open, (did you boot in safe mode with networking before downloading and running?)

Download Malwarebytes AntiMalware http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Install and run.

That should clear it up.

You should NEVER use COMBOFIX with out proper guidance, it is very powerful software and can render your computer inoperable.

ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically. In addition to being able to remove a large amount of the most common and current malware, ComboFix also displays a report that can be used by trained helpers to remove malware that is not automatically removed by the program.

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

Source(s): BleepingComputer
  • Mike S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Sorry to disappoint you but Windows Antivirus Pro is a Fake Scan program and its causing your computer fits it is not an actual Anti-virus product and it will stop all applications including spybot from opening....to remove this Fake Antivirus Scan off your computer....type this as a search on the internet as written with spaces inbetween the words.....How to Remove Windows Antivirus Pro using Malwarebytes anti-malware......Have some paper with you and something to write with....write down the instructions and proceed slowly.....follow the instructions word for word...or you will not be able to remove this.....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

That's a good observation

• 1 decade ago

Go find 'combofix'. The virus you have specifically stops spybot from running. You can also try Malwarebytes.

If you find and download combofix and even IT wont run, rename combofix to something else like killit

Then run killit. That will get rid of the worse problem you have.

• Shark
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You can try all those suggestions and may that's what you need but for my money - bite the bullet and do a complete system renewal. Otherwise you may never get finished.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Yeah it might be correct

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.