I've been told that people at the UPenn can be classified as snobby...?

is this true. i'm looking at colleges and i'd rather go somewhere more down-to-earth. [i have the grades, activities, leadership and stuff] im narrowing down the list of colleges im applying to and now im focusing more on the social atmosphere. i know it's best to visit but i'd like some opinions from here as well.

Best Answer

You're looking at an Ivy League school; they all have reputations for being snobby. What you have to realize though is that not all the students who attend a school act the same way. I recently met a guy who goes to Princeton and he is one of the most down to earth people I know; I also have a high school friend that goes to Princeton and he turned into the Ivy League super preppy always drinking stereotype. You can always find people that go against the stereotype.

UPenn is known as the social/party Ivy though, so I would consider it far less snobby than most of the Ivy Leagues.