. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

In what way did Bush limit the size/scope of government?

He spent more than LBJ when he was in power, did you conservatives that voted for him vote for him thinking you were going to get a 21st century LBJ?

Update:

thought i was getting a messiah? I didnt vote for obama! i forgot who i voted for, but i voted third party

12 Answers

Relevance
  • LOL
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When you're right, you're right. Bush did nothing to limit the size of government. The "Patriot Act" didn't sit well with me either. I will say the economy was better, at least until the democrats got control of Congress.

I think that Obama is even worse. Nothing on his agenda is going to do anything but expand the size of government, and he hasn't done anything to curb the "Patriot Act". He's also a big spender, and a very good case can be made that Obama is using race as a political device.

There's a lot of valid criticism for both administrations.

• 1 decade ago

President: Lyndon B. Johnson Population: 198,712,056

President: George Walker Bush Population: 280,562,489 (July 2002 est.)

• krug
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

How do you already know what every physique demanded Sky? looks such as you have a foul case of bitter grapes. next time think of before you vote and in case you're searching for for blame--verify the showering room reflect.

• bond
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Bush sucked, and I normally vote republican. Every election comes down to the lesser of 2 evils.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Republicans don't believe in smaller government, they just want the money going into the right pockets (theirs and industry backers) rather than social programs like education and healthcare.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What he limited, was his participation in how far federal control was allowed to expand. He was basically given the green light on further expansion after 9/11 - in part due to Democrats in Congress.

Be glad that he ended expansion before it bordered on unconstitutional.

Obama is carrying it far further.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He didn't. He created the largest bureaucracy ever. Home Land Security. And they are watching you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I just knew he wasn't a Democrat & wan';t Gore or Kerry. Being right about 2 out of three aint bad.

• 1 decade ago

He in no way limited it. In fact he created whole new departments with huge budgets.

• 1 decade ago

He didn't. he did combine several agencies into one, Homeland Security, but that agency far out grew the former separate agencies it replaced.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.