Yogi
Yogi asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why is it such an emergency to pass a health care bill, that won't take effect until 2013? Why the super Rush?

Why do they want to push it through before anyone reads it? Like the big rush on the stimulus that didn't start getting spent yet?

I know, the Obama administration wants this bad, they want control of the economy in their hands and out of the people's hands.

They want it so bad they have fed the News Media Talking Points for their sheep to run around putting out, but it's bull, pure bull.

They want the thing to turn into full control of the medical system, some democrats like Barney Frank and even Obama were busted on tape saying that GOVERNMENT CONTROL WAS THE GOAL. They will create an environment where the insurance companies CAN'T COMPETE and they will take over, pushing everyone into government health care, and they will take over, and with it 1/6th of the economy.

It's not all what is in the bill. Much of it is just giving control to people with their goals.

I mean do we trust Obama? The man who promised 2 weeks for the public to read a bill AFTER congress read and passed it? The man who complained about Bush only giving Congress 2 weeks to read the Patriot Act in a war time situation where we were to take immediate action to keep from being attacked again?

Obama promised open government. He promised to repeal the Patriot Act, but he made it MORE INVASIVE with language directed AGAINST US CITIZENS. He promised much, and he was obviously lying through his teeth.

Do we now trust Obama, a man who won't show his birth certificate like Bush did, his medical records like Bush did, or his school transcripts like Bush did?

I don't think so.

More people die under socialized Health Care, look up Daniel Hannon of the British Parliament on that. He constantly warns us not to go down the Road Brittan went down.

No, I'm not covered.

Look people, I am not a republican. I am for legalizing Pot and I'm pro choice until a baby could be viable outside the womb.

No one should like this stupid bill, and no one would if they really understood it. That free health care is in no way free. Would you like a destroyed economy? Anyone? Then you shouldn't like this garbage. Look at what happened in Mass and Tenn for hells sake, it's been tried and it nearly bankrupted Tenn, and really messed up Mass. You are listening to the SOB who promised to remove the Patriot Act, yet made it even more invasive, especially against US citizens? Now Come ON! this party loyalty crap has to stop some where doesn't it? You wouldn't follow it strait to hell would you? You wouldn't drink the poison Kool-Aide? Would you?

I am for reform, and I have a very good idea how I would do it, but not government run health care system. That would be idiotic, not to mention Unconstitutional.

Best Answer

Because they have to push it through under the auspices of an emergency. The people would NEVER stand for it if they had a chance to be heard on it.

The Health Care Reform has been put off for decades and the concern is if it is not done now, it never will be.

FACT CHECK: Distortions rife in health care debate - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090802/ap_on_go_co/us...

HEADING FOR THE EMERGENCY ROOM

Jun 25th 2009

America's health care is the costliest in the world, yet quality is patchy and millions are uninsured. Incentives for both patients and suppliers need urgent treatment.

NO ONE will be astonished to hear that health care costs more in Indiana than in India. However, a few might be surprised to learn that Americans spend more than twice as much per person on health care as Swedes do. And many may be shocked to be told that in Miami people pay twice as much as in Minnesota, even for far worse care. The American health-care system, which gobbles up about 16% of the country's economic output, is by far the most expensive in the world.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that on current trends spending on Medicare and Medicaid, the government schemes for the old and the poor, will rise from 4% of GDP in 2007 to 12% in 2050. The prospect of long-term fiscal disaster is the main reason why efforts to reform health care are gaining momentum in Washington, DC. As Peter Orszag, the director of Barack Obama's Office of Management and Budget, puts it, "that 'long term' keeps getting closer and closer."

Bearing in mind that I'm an Obama supporter and I usually vote Dem:

In another year Obama's ratings won't be high enough for him to push an major legislation through, and there's a very good chance that the Dems will lose control of the House and/or the Senate in 2010.

So it's now or never.

That'd be OK, but I haven't heard anything about the proposed plan that leads me to believe that it'll leave us any better off than we are with our current broken system.

It takes time to implement large-scale projects like this, work out the negotiated prices, develop a cost model, etc. All of that takes considerable time and planning... I know the GOP mantra is "if its not war, why now?" but that doesn't fly with most people

• Sean

There are several bills, and staffers have read the bills. Do you really think that each Congressperson has read all of every bill before them? It is time for health care insurance/access reform. The current situation costs too much, denies too many, and leaves too many with out coverage.

After decades of obstruction it is finally time for the United States to enter the 21st century like the rest of the industrialized world and provide universal health care that is affordable for all.

I read the bill and the only STRAW MAN IS AT 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. That is right for the first time in my life I am ashamed to be democrat. I voted in my first election for JFK!

• Sarah

We have been waiting 61 years for health care reform, while your party has opposed it for just as long. This isn't a 'rush'. What other issue waits 61 years to take effect? Besides other civil rights issues? The fact is, 18,000 people die each year in this country from a lack of health care. Every day 14,000 people lose their employer provided health care. Every year 62% of bankruptcies in the US are medical bankruptcies by people who HAVE insurance, but who's HMO's denied them care. Every second we wait affects people's lives.

An aging population starting now with the very large baby boomer population. The longer America waits, the more of a rush we'll be in.

Okay, you're a Con, and anything I say will whisk right past you, but the short answer is for the rest of the answerer's....Look back to Truman for attempts to get a Universal Health Care System in place. Look back to Truman to see how Republicans blocked in every way they could. So If we wait 4 MORE YEARS, it'll be 2017, and 4 MORE YEARS, .....2021....It's Time.....N O W ! ! ! ! ! !

• .

The lust for power is more of a rush than the lust for sex. That's Human Nature 201.