:| asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

How to properly clean clear retainers?

I've been brushing my clear retainers with cold water, toothpaste, and a soft toothbrush. People have told me, though, that this is too rough for them. (It scratches them, warps them, etc.)

I've also tried baking soda soaks, but some have told me this is bad as well.

What have you guys done in the past that is recommended for cleaning clear retainers? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

i brushed them w/ toothpaste every day and would let them soak in soap and cold water 1x week... didn't do a think for mine, however call your doctor and just ask what they would reccomend. ... just don't SCRUB them hard...

• Mary

Clean them once a day with any regular denture tablets. The number of tablets differs and they each come in a one use package individually wrapped in the box you buy at the store (follow the directions on the box). You normally use a glass and warm water and it can sit in the solution for 10-20 minutes, or longer depending on the material your retainer is made from. You can also take your toothpaste, or baking soda and peroxide with a toothbrush and scrub the retainer yourself.