If I want to use borax to kill fleas on hard wood floors, how much time before sweeping?

1. I heard that borax might kill fleas. Is that true? I have lots of borax from washing diapers around. I thought maybe I could sweep very well, then borax the hard wood floors and cracks while she sleeps! (lock the cat in the bathroom overnight, as a safety precaution.) ... Then, 2. If I sweep really well in... show more 1. I heard that borax might kill fleas. Is that true? I have lots of borax from washing diapers around. I thought maybe I could sweep very well, then borax the hard wood floors and cracks while she sleeps! (lock the cat in the bathroom overnight, as a safety precaution.) ... Then,

2. If I sweep really well in the morning after approx. 12 hours (baby-toddler sleeps 12 hrs) will this kill the fleas? Or does it need to sit for 24 hrs? (I can shut the door, really, Only one rooms seems to be affected.)

The cat NOW has the appropriate medicine Frontline.

The fleas were not a problem until now, the 90 day cycle begins or something. Egg, pupa, larvae, adult flea... whatever
Update: You know... we used to feed one of our cat's a mixture of moist cat food "treats" and brewer's yeast and garlic! I'll have to look up that recipe again and try that! I think you are 100% correct about the scary pesticide stuff. My cat had a slowed reaction to play /pounce on a toy directly... show more You know... we used to feed one of our cat's a mixture of moist cat food "treats" and brewer's yeast and garlic! I'll have to look up that recipe again and try that! I think you are 100% correct about the scary pesticide stuff. My cat had a slowed reaction to play /pounce on a toy directly after the application. It was really WEIRD and very scary. This cat is a tiny cat, just barely the 9 lb, I think they gave us 10 lb meds. I did not like it!!!!! I'll have to talk to the vet and get that garlic recipe. Pesticides and non natural things scare me.. Maybe I'll just sweep a lot. It's hard floors. I'll eat lots of garlic too. LOL.

PS.
I'm ORGANIC!
and I'm vegan too.