Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Will squats and star jumps etc help me loose weight? Could you recommend exercise that can be done at home?

Okay so im 15 and pverweight and want to shed the pounds before i was doing 50 sits ups and 50 push ups everynight but i was told that it would only tone my abs etc but i would see no difference unless i lost the fat covering it. So thats what i want to do loose weight instead of just tone up so will squats and star jumps help this?

Could you recommend exercies besides running because i know that already i just want exercises that can be done at home to help me loose some weight. Also how much running would you expect to do each day for it to make a difference i will change the way i eat aswell. Like for how long do you think lets say jogging up and down stairs for an hour each day will make a difference added with eating healthy foods? If i did do this how long do you think it would be before i saw a difference?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi

HIIT training and Circuit training. You can do it everywhere outside of house, you don,t need any gym or weights.

HIIT will work miracles but first you should be prepared to do that training. So on the beginning do some circuit training. For example do run with push ups, squats, sits ups and crunches on every corner or every one fourth of your "racing truck".

If you will add one sprint on each circle then you will boost your metabolism so high that... :) Check this for yourself.

Do it for 20 minutes and every other day or everyday (if you can) and watch your fat running away. Every training try to add some minutes.

You will get good results.

Healthy diet based on healthy foods is first of course (without good and natural diet you will do nothing). More about healthy foods http://www.your-healthy-foods.com

Have a nice day

Andrew

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • mel
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Star Jumps Exercise

• 4 years ago

If you are shorter than others people and you had to find a method to actually points out somehow then you definitely need to have a go through the Vert Shock system by Adam Folker you will discover here https://tr.im/wgocH .

The major big difference between Vert Shock and one other jump applications comes down to the reality that you will perhaps not need to do loads and tons of jumping or to use heavy weights.

Vert Shock lets you exercise without seeking a gymnasium or buying loads to use the program ad this is way this program is the greatest on the market.

• 1 decade ago

Well if you really want to lose wait you should get and exercise routine worked out and just stick with it. squats won't really help you lose weight but star jumps will try other exercises like a step workout and just use the bottom step of your stairs or a large box start by stepping up with your right leg first do that for 15 Min's then switch legs and repeat. try dancing as well its a great way to lose weight try a dance mat or just turn some music on and dance

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

To lose weight you need to do cardio excersizes.

Star jumps are cardio but you'll need to do a lot to get anywhere.

(I doubt squats will do anything)

I advise running, swimming, walking, cycling etc.

However these can't be done at home..

maybe set up a house routine..

each room is a different type of excersize eg.

star jumps, running on the spot etc.

You'll need to excersize often and for at least 30 minutes. :)

• 4 years ago

They are a great deal a diet programs that promise you the “world” but, normally, Those diet programs contains eating meat so is quite challenging for a vegetarian to preserve a diet plan

• 3 years ago

If you're constantly yearning high-sugar, high-fat foods, it may mean you need to eat more protein.

• 3 years ago

Make an effort to create tiny alterations for your diet plan

• 3 years ago

decaf java is a good minimal calorie substance

• 1 decade ago

Exercise will NOT help you lose weight. Exercise is good though as it will help you become / stay / keep healthy.

A 'TIMEly' article from TIME magazine explains why you won't lose weight exercising:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,191...

In short, EXERCISE + (healthy, nutritious) DIET = FIT (exercise) and TRIM (diet)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.