Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Did Jesus lie ? Should he have said no one come to me except through me?

Why did Jesus lie about the fact he is the father .

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Phrase your question in such a way that you are asking a question, not mocking others!

YOU are the liar, because you put words in other people's mouths! That is both rude AND unsanitary.

Jesus never claimed to be the Father. He didn't lie.

"You are of YOUR father, the devil, because he was a liar from the beginning, and the father of ALL lies" - Jesus

Quit reading the false commentaries that try to tear down the Bible, and read the actual Bible, and your delusions will all be swept away.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

In John 14 Philip asked Jesus, "Lord, show us the Father." (Verse 8)

Jesus had been speaking of God in a distanced way all this time, and poor Philip thought that He was speaking of another person.

But notice Jesus' response.

He seemed puzzled when He said, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet thou hast not known Me, Philip?" (verse 9)

Jesus was saying that He Himself was the one that Philip was asking for.

One reason that Jesus so often spoke of God in the third person is that He did not want to appear unto men as God, but He wanted to appear as a man just like one of us, as we read in Philippians 2:5-8:

[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Jesus Christ:

[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

[7] But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

[8] And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus had a dual nature.

In the capacity of being fully man, He was distinct from God.

This is why we can see references to the God of Jesus Christ.

(Matt. 27:46, John 20:17 & Ephesians 1:17)

As a man, there were things He did not know (Mark 13:32), there were things He couldn't do (Mark 6:5), He could only be in one place at a time (John 16:7), He could be tempted (Hebrews 4:15), He could thirst (John 19:28), and He could die (John 19:33).

But He was also fully God and could be called such.

(John 20:28, 1 Timothy 3:16 & 1 John 5:20).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, he did not lie, because the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three separate forms (and functions) of one God. No one can go to the Father except by the Son --- Jesus is one with God, but while he was on earth in physical form he was not *functioning* as God, but as the Son. And his function at the time was to make a way for humans to be reconciled with God and one another.

When Jesus ascended into heaven, the form and function God took was the Holy Spirit , sent to believers.

It's not that hard to understand.

• Tess
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

SJC has the perfect answer to your question- AMEN!!>>>>>

>>In John 14 Philip asked Jesus, "Lord, show us the Father." (Verse 8)

Jesus had been speaking of God in a distanced way all this time, and poor Philip thought that He was speaking of another person.

But notice Jesus' response.

He seemed puzzled when He said, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet thou hast not known Me, Philip?" (verse 9)

Jesus was saying that He Himself was the one that Philip was asking for.

And of course we must go through the 'Lamb' to get to the Holy Spirit[Father-GodAlmighty], as He robed Himself in this flesh for our benefit.

There is nothing strange about this....Jesus IS THE FATHER.....MANIFESTED!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Jesus is not the Father ; Jesus is in the Father and the Father is in Him ; The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one God but the three Divine Persons remain distinct ; this is called the Mystery of the Holy Trinity. God does not lie, ever.

• 1 decade ago

The idea is that, in the chain of command, God the Father is the ultimate authority ... then Jesus the Son is second in command.

What Jesus means is that a person must believe in Him by accepting Him as their Savior. Then they will be acceptable to God.

It's just an outward symbol a person's willingness to comply with authority. Like baptism -- It makes no sense unless you recognize the significance. Simply getting wet doesn't prove a thing.

Seeee? :-)

• 1 decade ago

You surprise me more and more. I think you are on the right track.

Jesus also said: This way you must pray: Our Father which are in heaven...

Where My Father is, there are many mansions. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

And when He was crucified: My Father, why did you forsake Me?

• 1 decade ago

Oh please--get a life

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1 John 5:10

Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.

• 1 decade ago

No, because Jesus never claimed to be the Father. He claimed to be the Son. He knows the difference between Himself and the Father, and the similarity. You'll need to dig a bit deeper if you are going to have any revelation of just who Jesus is. The Holy Spirit will not open your eyes until you have a heart-felt longing to know just who Jesus is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.