how do you make toffees ?
I NEED A RECIPE FOR TOFFEES WITHOUT USING VINEGAR!!! ASAP PLZZZZ
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
•1 cup chopped roasted almonds
•1 cup BUTTER
•1 cup granulated sugar
•1/2 cup packed brown sugar
•2 tablespoons water
•1/2 teaspoon baking soda
•1/2 cup or more chocolate chips
1.Sprinkle half the almonds on a buttered 9x13 inch pan.
2.Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan, add sugars and water, mix well.
3.Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook to "hard crack stage".
4.Remove from heat, QUICKLY stir in baking soda.
5.Pour carefully over almonds, let set for about 5 minutes, sprinkle chocolate chips over top, press in or spread.
6.Let cool, break into pieces and enjoy.
This almond toffee is the ultimate in decadence! Rich and buttery, it is sandwiched between two chocolate layers and is brimming with toasted almond flavor. This recipe moves quickly, so be sure to have all of the ingredients and tools ready before you begin cooking.
•2 cups granulated sugar
•4 sticks butter
•4.5 cups whole almonds, divided
•1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Prepare an 11x17” jelly roll pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Spray an offset spatula or flat paddle with nonstick spray, and place nearby.
2. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1.5 cups of almonds onto a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until they are fragrant and light golden. Allow the toasted almonds to cool, then pulse them in a blender or food processor a few times until they are crumbled in small chunks.
3. In a large, very heavy saucepan, combine the butter and the sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly while the butter melts, and continue stirring until the mixture reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
4. Pour the remaining 3 cups of whole almonds into the bubbling candy and continue to stir. The mixture may separate, but keep stirring! Cook and stir until the candy reaches 295 degrees. It will be a beautiful caramel color, and you may hear the nuts begin to pop.
5. Immediately remove the candy from the heat and pour into the prepared jelly roll pan. Spread the candy smooth and flat with the prepared spatula or paddle.
6. Allow the toffee to cool slightly, then sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over the top and let them sit and melt for a few minutes. Smooth the melted chocolate over the entire surface of the toffee, and while the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle half of the chopped, toasted almonds on top. Allow the chocolate to set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave, stirring after every minute.
8. Remove the toffee from the refrigerator, and flip the of candy over onto another baking sheet so that the bottom is now facing up.
9. Spread the melted chocolate onto the bottom of the toffee and sprinkle with the remaining nuts. Refrigerate again to set the chocolate completely. Once set, break into small pieces to serve.
- 1 decade ago
this is a nice and easy way to make toffee