Anonymous

Iranian Persians, please come here?

Why do you say barun when it is spelled باران? why not baran?

Why do you say khune when it is spelled خانه? why not khane?

Why do you say iruni when it is spelled ایرانی?

There are many other words where one of the ا is pronounced as u. I hear it a lot when Iranians talk and also in songs. Why is it like this?

Update:

But WHY is it like this? It makes no sense to me?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Mirza
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In archaic Persian they used to pronounce the word "خواهر", khwahar. But today we pronounce it Khahar, Maybe in the next 1000 years they would pronounce it something else.

If you ask why we say barun instead of baran is like to ask we don't pronounce khahar, khwahar any more. The answer is that every language changes. Khahar is still written خواهر but is not pronounced khwahar. It is the same for barun and baran.

Every one speaks a language but yet there are many illiterate people in the world who can not write, and it used to be much more in for example 1000 years ago; that's why the pronunciation of words changes faster than their writing form.

Yes, the writing form of words also changes, though it takes more time; for example mogh. قبلاً مغو بوده بعداً شده مغ.

Source(s): About Khwahar I'm rather sure; I've asked a famous Persian language teacher. You might know him, Mr. Seyed Mousavi.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Majid
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It's more easier to say Barun for Iranians/persians instead of baran or khune instead of Khane .

All the languages have these changes in informal speaking .

• 1 decade ago

first there are different Farsi accents in Iran; an average Iranian would not understand a single word from some of them, Lori for example. and, some of the words as you mentioned are street talk accent. as far as I know the same goes with other languages however in different ways, pronunciation, spelling, abbreviations, making new words etc. some believe this is a signature of an alive active language to change all the time, some think it ruins the origins of the language.

• 1 decade ago

Eachword has 2 kind(shape) of pronunciation .

Formal - Informal(amiane)

When persians(most of them) are talking and speaking , they use Informal shape of words.But when persians want to write a book/letter/correspondence/... , they must use Formal shape of words .

Because Persian language is sweet .

Source(s): Persian guy ...
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it's exactly like when we say "gonna" instead of "going to" or "aint" instead of "is not" , these are called contractions , which makes talking easier and actually speeds up the language!

Hope I helped :-)

• 1 decade ago

Because its mohavere iii .its just the way we say in o ur daily conversation .

• arezoo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you have to open your mouth less to say u than a . that's what we usually say...

• 1 decade ago

thats just how it is why is lake lake not lak

• 1 decade ago

it is more of an accent..... actually the way people in tehran speak....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehrani_accent

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they are informal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.