Do you think the Raiders will go 8-8 this season?

Well Herm Edwards and Matt Millen(obviously) think they can go 8-8 and Mark Schlareth as well. Well anyway I actually watch their games unlike some people who just say their bad because they have been bad for the last few years and never get to see them. They got legit talent. They can run on anybody.... show more Well Herm Edwards and Matt Millen(obviously) think they can go 8-8 and Mark Schlareth as well.

Well anyway I actually watch their games unlike some people who just say their bad because they have been bad for the last few years and never get to see them.

They got legit talent.

They can run on anybody. Their running game is great with Darren Mcfadden(who's finally healthy), Micheal Bush, and Justin Fargas(who can be a 4th quarter guy and who fights for every yard)

Remember this defense was 3rd in the lg three years ago. They still have some of that defense still here. With Rob Ryan it was no blitz and play prevent man defense. With John Marshall this defense should get much better.

Also the receiving corps believe it or not got better. DHB will be a vertical threat. Zach Miller has hands of steel. Javon Walker is healthy(hopefully). But the guy I'm looking at is Chaz Schillens. Last year he was a 7th round rookie and took the starting job mid-season and looked decent. Right now according to training camp reports it looks like he's going to win the number 1 job easily. He's a tall and fast receiver with good hands and according to AFC West blogger has an elite skill set.

The only problem is that it is their O-Line. They are a good run blocking line but pass blocking is a little shaky. Even with Mario Henderson(who played good against Mario Williams, Richard Seymour, and Gaines Adams) it is still going to be a problem.

Still this season lies on the hands of Jamarcus Russell. Even if he can improve the Raiders should be better this season.

And their schedule is not tough. Besides the NFC East they should be able to sweep the Broncos and Chiefs due to the fact they both suck now. And they should be able to beat the Jets, Bengals, and Redskins at home. And then the beat the Browns. And that would give them 8 wins.
Update: Also the best way to follow the Raiders this training camp is this Bay Area columnist's twitter

http://twitter.com/bydavidwhite
Update 2: Yo I just care about finishing .500 by the end of the season. I don't even know how it feels like anymore to win 8 games.