Will I potentially be paying for health insurance twice?

If the health care bill passes, and I will be able to keep my own insurance (pay for it), and my taxes go toward paying for someone who doesn't have their own and takes the government option, am I or am I not paying for health insurance twice?

If I am not paying for health insurance twice, explain how?

• Best Answer

Just pay me LOL

It would seem the answer is whether the deductible is by the policy year, the calendar year, of the event. If it is by the calendar year then logically you would have to use up that deductible first in any calendar year. So any deductible for 2008 would apply up through midnight on Dec 31, and a new deductible would kick in the following morning on Jan1. I am surprised that one of the so-called experts you have talked to would have a definitive answer for you, since you cannot have been the first and only person who has raised this question. Taxwise you'd want the child born before the end of the year so you could claim the deduction on taxes for the entire year even if it were born on Dec 31. However, you'd lose the year on the other end when the child turns 18 or 24 depending on student status then.

Here's the headline:

"If you oppose Obamacare, even in casual conversation, the White House wants to know about it." "If you see anybody publicly opposing President Obama’s plan to implement a government-centric overhaul of the health care system, the White House wants you to report that person (or persons) ASAP.

From the White House website: There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain e-mails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an e-mail or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to Flag@WhiteHouse.gov."

You all better be carefull what you say or the gestapo might be at your door!!!!

Possibly. If you already have insurance you are already paying for your neighbor's operation when he needs one, and when you need one his money goes to pay for yours. It's called pooling. Adding a pubic option in the health care plan changes nothing where this issue is concerned.

Source(s): .

Still to early to tell. The truth of the matter is that if you think health care is expensive now just wait until the Government make it "Free".

No, you're paying more than once for those who don't have insurance. The doctors, hospitals, and labs have to make up for those who don't pay...that leaves those of us who do.

try to keep up - people under the proposed plan will pay for health care. It will not be funded with taxes. Do you even really care about this issue if you are this uninformed?

You will have to wait till the final health care bill is passed.

• HD

very good question, i have no answer but it sure seems like you'll be paying twice. i'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned to one of the people in congress. obama's gotta go.

clearly obama's trying to get rid of private insurance, why? because he wants to revenge the private insurance a**holes who tried to refuse to pay for his mother's cancer treatments.