Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

corruption and the catholic church...?

WTF? Why do so many people blindly follow an institute that has not only a HISTORY of corruption and horrible things...but even a contemporary following of corruption,greed,and evil.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Daver
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It doesn't make any sense, does it?

A Church with a "history and contemporary, corruption and horrible things", not to mention all that "greed" and "evil" - how could it possibly have all those members?

I'll tell you what doesn't make any sense, and this is why you're so confused - Catholics are NOT Blind followers of the Church! So why are so many people Catholic?

The answer is obvious - the Church simply isn't as "corrupt", "horrible", "greedy" or "evil" as you think it is.

In the interest of blind fellowship, why claim the Church is corrupt, horrible, evil, and greedy WITHOUT furnishing examples to substantiate your claim? Where you hoping people would simply take your word for it, in effect, following you BLINDLY?

WTF? Why do so many people blindly follow an institute that has not only a HISTORY of corruption and horrible things...but even a contemporary following of corruption,greed,and evil.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • rock
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Oh expensive. Well. You without doubt have a few misunderstandings approximately Catholicism. I would not say the Vatican has so much energy in any respect. God has the energy. Jesus gave Peter the keys to the dominion. That IS within the bible. The pope is only one who got here after Peter. Theology - the research of God - is have been we get Limbo. The church did not "invent" it to con deficient individuals. Learned guys who research scripture to reply questions are theologists. The Catholic church has made public apologies for a few matters it has performed incorrect. I'm nonetheless looking ahead to an identical apologies from Lutherans, Anglicans, Calvinists, Muslims.

• Misty
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

We don't. The institute you speak of is the fiction of anti-Catholicism. If one is to read true historical accounts, understanding the society of the time in which events took place, understand the government of the time and the Church role, it paints a truer picture.

The Church wasn't always perfect, and there were mistakes and injustice at times, but it is hardly the the icon of "corruption, greed and evil" painted by those who hate the Church.

• 1 decade ago

For one thing too many people don't even READ history, let alone study any of it. I was born into that church and raised in it. There is something about that church that lulls people to sleep mentally. If you told what you are saying here to one in a personal conversation with a calm tone so they wouldn't get offended, they would just say something like,"Well there have been bad people in the church". It's amazing!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I follow an independent form of Catholicism called Old Catholicism, and we do not have such things.

• 1 decade ago

Because they believe the end justifies the means.In other words, they believe the core doctrines are true,regardless.It is the same with Mormonism.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i guess people kept getting brought up in that church and stayed, turning a blind eye to what they really do

• Savaya
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

very good question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.